Got around to stippling the Px4 full size.

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by SSGN_Doc, Apr 12, 2020.

1. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Learned a bit from the job I did on the compact, and decided to keep things mostly inside the lines on the full size.

towboater and W.T. Sherman like this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Looks great

SSGN_Doc likes this.
  4. Nismotech85

Nismotech85 New Member

Looks good. Didnt know i wanted that until now, lol. The work by the takedown lever is a nice touch, i find my left thumb up in that area a lot so itd be nice to have a little extra grip.

5. DonD

DonD New Member

What tool do you use to do the stippling? Wonder if it's something of an art and I don't want to learn the hard way by uglifying my new PX4. Sort of like cars with bubbled tint film which screams "I did my own tint and it shows!" Your work looks quite nice. Thanks, Don

6. SSGN_Doc

Wood burning kit with a fine point. Recommendation would be to practice on something like a MagPull P-Mag. For me I’m not going deep, so, contact time is minimal.

I do a dotted outline of where I want texture, and then start filling in with more dots. If the texture isn’t aggressive or deep enough, you can go back over it. If you go too deep....it’s harder to correct. Some spots may feel a little tougher than others and that can be addressed with light sanding.

towboater likes this.
  7. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought Well-Known Member

Have it done professionally.

8. DonD

DonD New Member

Think I've pretty much decided that a Talon grip is the way to go for me. Don

SSGN_Doc likes this.
  9. SSGN_Doc

Nothing wrong with that route. It’s safe and effective and removable if you don’t like it.

The only downsides I could find, was the need to replace it if it wears out. (Sometimes I go through stints of running a gun pretty hard for a while.)

The other was the need to peel it back and maybe have to replace it when removing pins for deep cleaning, maintenance, or replacing internal parts.

The other benefit you get from something like talon grip is it lets you decide how much texture and what type of texture you like, or don’t like. Also you can figure out where having texture on the grip may cause problems or discomfort with carry.

towboater and DonD like this.
  10. DonD

DonD New Member

I'd hope that deep cleaning is a long ways off, one trip to the range, second coming Thursday. Figure most, but of course not al,l of the cleaning beyond the slide/slide guides and barrel can be done with a patch.

Not too keen on going further than that. Might look at youtube to see if there are videos. Don

11. SSGN_Doc

i deep clean between 1,000 and 2,000 rounds, unless I got into the guts earlier for some reason.

Example would be swapping out the standard trigger group for a LTT trigger job in a bag, which is basically all done, housed in a Beretta competition trigger group and drops in after removing the standard unit, by driving out a couple pins.

Figured while I had everything out, I might as well clean the frame and everything well.

[​IMG]

towboater likes this.