Got an idea on deck - Need some input

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So Benning and I are doing some scheming behind the scenes and a question came up.

What would you guys say is one of the most common cars or trucks that you come in contact with on a weekly basis?

Like you head down to the store to get an evening snack, you pull in and there are a few cars in the parking lot, what kind are they?

The parking lot at work, what is the most common vehicle there?

Thanks for your input.

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Attached Files:

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You are SOOOOOOOOOOO not helping right now.

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Ford f-150 (250). Seems thats what most companies have for work trucks.
    Better?

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Much. And that angle/thought process is interesting. Taking my thought process in a totally different direction.

Thank you.

JD

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Used to see lots and lots of Honda Civics and Nissan Altimas, to be honest I am now seeing more Chevy Equinox and Malibus. Couple of Beemers, Benzes and Jags thrown in for good measure.

Hmmm, is the plural of Equinox Equinoxen?

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I see more Chevy s-10's than anything. Next will be the Chevy Silverado, Chevy Cavalier, F-150 and whatever the most popular Toyota mid-size car is. (they all look the same)

The Chevy s-10's will range in age from the mid-80's to new. Oh, and can you tell I live in Chevy country?

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Sounds like my driveway when the girls are home from school, 2 Equinoxen, a Cobalt and a Cavalier.

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

A lot of Crown Victorias. Mostly when I go to Dunkin Donuts.:D

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

About a zillion Honda Accords.

11. freefall

freefall New Member

F 150s or GMC Savannah AWD vans.

12. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

For what it’s worth, in my neck of the woods, I see a lot of Ford, Dodge, Chevy double cab ½ ton trucks with an occasional ¾ or 1 ton thrown in, pulling a trailer with a crew to go work somewhere.
    As far as cars, I’d have to say that Taurus, Camry, and other cars of the like pretty much rule the road and outnumber trucks 3 to 1.
    Quite a few of us motorcycle riders still out there too until it gets cold. Keep an eye out for us!

13. russ

russ New Member

My area trucks outnumber cars pretty easily. And Fords are probably most common as most of the local oil/gas company fleets are primarily Ford Super Duty. So I guess that fleet white F-250/350's are it for me, although not nearly as many as 2-3 years ago.

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It seems almost a tie (I work with a totally un-ordinary crew):
    35% = Chevy or GMC pickup with 4 doors
    35% = Honda Accords (2007 or newer)
    20% = SUV of some kind
    10% = luxury car

15. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Any Ford truck from a Ranger to a 350 to an Explorer.

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Definitely the F-150 in this part of the country.

17. jca1

jca1 New Member

I see a lot of Mustangs, 4x4 trucks, and little ford chevy and foreign cars.

Most of all I see old ragged out wore out cars with $5k worth of tires and wheels on them, $3k worth of radio blasting some obscene profane music.

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Toyota Camry, and Ford F-150. And a sprinkling of Dodge Neons with coffee can tail pipes, and delusions of grandeur.

19. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

I see lots of pick-up trucks where I work and on the few occasions when I have to go run errands. It is Texas after all. Tons of Honda/Toyota/Generic Japansese medium to small cars also out here though (they all look alike to me). But you do see a higher percenatge of trucks. Of those, they are almost evenly split between Chevy and Ford. Mostly you see 1/2 tons, with about 20% being 3/4 tons (F-250's etc). Where I work we have a higher percentage of Ford F-250's and F350's than the norm.

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Toyota they are like cockroaches they are everywhere.