Got a Springer Loaded.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by skullcrusher, Feb 20, 2010.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Finally! I am now part of the 1911 world. :) I was actually ready to order it from Bud's, but when I called my FFL I asked if he had one. Belive it or not, he had the exact same model I was going to order from Bud's. I went and bought it today for even less than it would have cost from Bud's and the transfer fee. :)

Everytime I get a new gun, I am just so happy with the no wait. 10 minutes after the paperwork was filled out, I was walking out with it a happy and smiling man. :D

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats! Nice Choice----The Force is strong with that one, young Skullcrusher.
    Welcome to the Dark Side:cool:

Oh, by the way...............

[​IMG]

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

LOL, thanks bro. I can't do pics with this old pos computer. Hopefully that will change once the Mrs. gets back from computer shopping. :D

This one:

Springfield SRVC TGT 45SS Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $844.00

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of the 1911. What are your plans for the weapon?

Carry? Home Defense? Any mods you have planned? When will we see a Range Report??

I look forward to hearing your impressions of what I consider to be the greatest handgun ever invented. ;)

JD

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Thanks, JD. I just want to be able to play with the big boys. :)

Anyhow, my plans are to shoot it a bunch. Since it is in my home, it will be ready if needed, but my shotty is the go to. As far as carrying it, I am more of a revolver carry guy, but that may change.

I plan on getting out in a day or two and hopefully by then I can post some target pics. This is the first time I've ever bought a gun and not shot it the same day, so I'm itching. :D

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Something special to me is a persons first 1911. Congrats on your new addiction:D

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Very nice addition. There seems to be a lot of 1911 and Elsie Arrr:D purchases going on around here, must be something in the water.

Have fun shooting it.

8. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Very nice. I'm hoping to get a 1911 later this year, wavering between the Springer Loaded and the DW Valor. Will probably go with the Springer unless I somehow luck into a pile of money, so let us know how it shoots!

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Way to go! Congratulations and enjoy.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Thanks everyone.

I want to publicly thank NGIB for his insight and help in the choice I made. JD was a big help as well. With out those guys, I would have probably ended up with a base model and a few hundy in upgrades...most of which this one came with. Thanks men. :)

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Woot!

[​IMG]

NOW:

[​IMG]

We know Moma has a new computer!

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

JD recommended adjustable sights???????????

13. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Félicitations pour votre novel pistolet.
    Way to go Skully... now, where's the range report? :p

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Absolutely not. I started chatting with him early on and I was actually looking at some base models. He enlightened me to the upgrade money and I realized that a $600 1911 could easily turn into a $900-1000. From there I started looking at already upgraded stuff. Should this ever become my go to carry or defense weapon, those sights would most likely have to go...:)

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

LMAO, Mamma is still playing with hers. Within the next day or two, I might get to touch it. :D

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Nice purchase Skull, I think you will like that Springer, and it is a reliable 1911 .45 that should serve you well. :D

Shoot it, shoot it a lot! :cool:

Jack

17. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Twas me that recommended the adjustable sights. Skull and I had a long talk on the phone Friday evening and we discussed 1911s in great detail. Since this was not to be a carry gun, adjustable sights provides more flexibility to set the gun up to shoot "your way."

My full-size 1911s all have adjustables and are all setup to shoot using the 6 o'clock hold on the target...

18. riggergreg

riggergreg New Member

Congrats on your new Springer

Mines a fine shooting pistol. Get a good holster and belt and it'll be a fine carry gun.

Heres mine all broken in

[​IMG]

19. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

. :eek:

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Congradulations!! How about some pics and a range report?!?