Got a Shield

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by 97cobra, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I finally got a Shield that I've been waiting for.

image-974812711.jpg

I shot just two mags out of it today since my fiancé was there with me. She shot a whole 250 round bulk pack of Remington ammo by herself. I just kept loading mags up and she kept running through them. Overall I am pleased with the purchase.

How do you guys like your Shields?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They are a mini m&p and like any other m&p in ma they require an apex kit.

3. danolator

danolator New Member

I heard the trigger on the Shield is much improved. Really like that APEX kit though.

Congrats on your new gun. Wish I could find one. Any leads?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have a 40 at the shop

5. amorris11

amorris11 New Member

I just bought a shield in .40 the other day but had to take it back because the 7 round mag would eject every time I fired of a round. Hopefully the store I bought it from fixes it and gets it back to me soon.

6. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Wish I did. The place I bought mine is not a preferable place as they are typically outrageously expensive but they were having a huge sale for Veterans Day. Every where I looked is a 3 to 6 month wait.

7. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

The trigger seems pretty nice to me. I never shot an apex though.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In my state they have a 10# trigger. Absolutely terrible in a small gun. I do apex trigger jobs for $120. I can get it down to 4.5# for carry and 3.5# for comptetition guns. I could go lower but won't. The apex kit is well worth the money. Takes all the squish out of the trigger and shortens the reset.

9. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Here in Pa it doesn't seem anywhere near 10#. I am going to look into apex though.

10. rurak

rurak New Member

Im going to put my name in for a 9mm one this winter at my lgs. Im in Massachusetts and i believe it will be a 10lb pull. My lgs has them for 390$ cash (give or take)

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah it will have a 10# pull. Where are you located? That's an awfully good price.

12. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

How much is the .40 you've got in stock? I've been looking for one too.

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

$429 if I'm not mistaken. I've seen a few places in the area that have been claiming fantastic prices on things. They usually don't have the gun when you call.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  14. rurak

rurak New Member

My lgs is Four Seasons Firearms in woburn mass. Fsguns.com is their site. They have a great used selection but no used shields of course. They have fair prices. A friend of mine just bought a 10/22 new for 290$

15. ccrape

ccrape New Member

I have a shield in 9mm and couldn't be more pleased with it. I put xs sights and talon grips on it and that's all I need right now. for me it's the perfect edc firearm.

16. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I also picked up a Shield a few weeks ago and love it. As a matter of fact I like it better than I do my Ruger LC9 and will be looking to sell it. The only thing I will have to do now is purchae a crimson laser for it. I have one on my LC9 ...

17. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a 9 mm Shield and am very happy with it. I like the trigger, the size, and the accuracy. It is very easy to conceal, and comfortable to carry. I have had no trouble with ammo, from Federal and Winchester target rounds to Hornady defense rounds.

I did notice the first time I cleaned it that it will not break down with the safety on. I fought with that gun for 15 min. until I looked at the safety. Felt like such a dumb azz. Took the safety off and the slide came right off.

18. lucznik

lucznik New Member

I like mine, except that I don't care for the 8-round magazine. The 7-round one fits my hand perfectly and I wish the gun would have just come with two of those.

Other than that, the Shield is pretty awesome.

19. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I finally found one at a LGS yesterday! My wife wanted the 9mm and they had 3 in stock. It is wrapped up for Christmas already. She is going to be so excited!

20. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

So far I love my Shield better than I do my Ruger LC9. Thinking about selling it.