Got a Paratrooper

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Cpt-Hotpants, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

[​IMG]

just got it yesterday. Traded a friend my WASR10 and got the sks and some cash. Facory 26, looks to be a 1965 manufacture.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. :cool: If I ever manage to buy an SKS, that's the one I'd want.

Of course, now we need a range report and accompanying photos.

3. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

You have your marching orders, hotpants, get out there and show us some targets! :D
    That's a beauty, by the way.

4. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

Congratulations!

I have one like it built by Norinco. It is the most reliablly shooting rifle I have ever owned. Getting used to the stripper clip feeding takes some getting used to. They are hard to beat, and easy to clean.

Enjoy!

5. IXLR8

IXLR8 New Member

Congratulations!

I have one like it built by Norinco. It is the most reliablly shooting rifle I have ever owned. Getting used to the stripper clip feeding takes some getting used to. They are hard to beat, and easy to clean.

Enjoy!

6. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres a couple more pictures i just took.

Took it out the day i got it and put 2 clips through it, some hollow points and some FMJ and not a single hiccup. It hit everything i was aiming at (soda bottles) so it already shoots better than my WASR.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You Mean the missing parts?

9. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

Missing because the rifle wouldn't of been able to be imported with the bayonet on it. Without the bayonet assembly the cleaning rod wont stay in place either.

10. pslman

pslman New Member

Very nice SKS!!!

I'd like to have one but all I see are beaters at ridiculous prices.

11. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

They are worth getting. Cruise gunshows and stuff and keep an eye out.

12. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Several online dealers have them still packed in cosmoline, which is about as good of condition as you'll find. I have never seen the paratrooper variants in that state though, don't think they have been imported for a while.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69628

13. pslman

pslman New Member

I was referring to an SKS in general not necessarily the Paratrooper, sorry.

14. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Not a problem, I threw that in there just in case you were talking about paratroopers only. :D After that it comes down to whether or not you consider $350 reasonable or not. I'm sad I never saw the days of a $100 SKS.

15. pslman

pslman New Member

I remember those $100 SKS rifles well and that's why I have a hard time shelling out the Benjamins they go for now. The last one I bought was a Chinese with no stock for $60..sigh.