Got a new toy!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Bigcountry02, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The other day visited Sportsman's Warehouse, asked about the S&W MP 15-22 Pistol; well, advised they can get one transferred in from another store or from their distrobution with only a few days wait. :D

The wife was with me, wanted to see the Ruger Charger 22LR. Next thing you know for $238.00 it was purchased. No range time with the Charger, wife wants to shoot it first. :(

Range report on the Charger coming soon; maybe Wednesday next week. :D

2. onceremovedtwice

onceremovedtwice New Member

thats awsome! there is nothing better than a impulse-buy, i love the ride home wondering if i got screwed .man if i had a nickel for everytime i've been in your shoes i could buy ummmm............

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on the Charger and a great wife.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And the pictures are?? :confused::confused:

5. RedWineKline

RedWineKline New Member

Ruger Charger 22LR... I like guns that look like fish lures:D

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

What HE Said....

7. Bigcountry02

Pictures:

Lay down, under belly shot, with extra 25 rounder:

[​IMG]

Standing Side Shot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  8. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Red dot?

That tool looks like a real good candidate for a red dot with a 3x magnification:D
    The scope is fine, just too much to follow a quick moving varmint at close range

9. Bigcountry02

The scope will be swapped for a another scope!

10. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I like it!! :)

When you going to take it to the range?

12. Bigcountry02

Friday (27 Aug 10), the wife wants to fire it. :D (Finally, she fires a weapons that is not a revolver) Camera will be dragged to the event!

13. jbd

jbd New Member

I've been looking at those. Let us know how it shoots and what you think of it after the trip to the range.

14. Bigcountry02

In the range report section have posted an initial range report on the Ruger Charger 22

15. rangeshooter

rangeshooter New Member

S&W M&P 15-22 Pistol

What a wild looking rifle, uh pistol that is. And they didn't have to do anything to make it really, just chop off the stock and most of the barrel and there it is. Might be a fun and cheap shooter. Saw two youtube videos of it being shot, accuracy not mentioned and target not shown, just firing downrange. Didn't someone else bring this to the market first, can't remember what manufacturer. I've got 4 mags for my M&P 22 rifle and my son has 5. Like easy loading 22 mags. A curiosity item for sure, for practical purposes no, but range yes. $457 at R & R best I've seen but they don't have them yet. $490 at J and G.

16. Bigcountry02

With a good scope, accuracy is on the money. The same for the S&W MP 15-22. The wife does not like semi-autotmatics, she loves this pistol/gun. I would love to get S&W MP 15-22 pistol; but, prefer to wait for now!

17. rangeshooter

rangeshooter New Member

Will have to have one but. . .

Yes, I will also have to wait. Definitely on my WANT list and a lot of fun for under $500. Locally here I'm sure when they get them mid-winter they will be over $600. Will have to do the internet order/pawn shop FFL thing again but saves $$. The M&P 15-22 rifle is still $499 or higher here and that's the older style without the unnecessary flash hider or maybe they make both now. I like the looks with the flash hider which my son has, I have the one without it. Very very few jams with that rifle. About one jam/misfire for every 3 or 4 magazines and that's with cheap dirty ammo. I'm past middle age so the lightness and no recoil make for great shooting for this old guy.