Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Joined
10,038 Posts
For turkey I whole-heartedly endorse Federals with the Flite Control wad. I took birds out to 60 steps this season with #4 Federals.

I have a good friend that shoots the Hevi-Shot Magnum blend, but they are $30+ for a 5 pack. :eek:

For HD, stock up on 2.75 inch 00 buck. Although, I don't want to stand in front of a load of turkey shot at 10 yards or less.

I would use a improved cylinder or a skeet choke for HD. YMMV
 

Registered
Joined
4,738 Posts
sweet boom stick bro. looks like a good purchase
 

Registered
Joined
1,195 Posts
Gatoragn said:
For turkey I whole-heartedly endorse Federals with the Flite Control wad. I took birds out to 60 steps this season with #4 Federals.

I have a good friend that shoots the Hevi-Shot Magnum blend, but they are $30+ for a 5 pack. :eek:

For HD, stock up on 2.75 inch 00 buck. Although, I don't want to stand in front of a load of turkey shot at 10 yards or less.

I would use a impoved cylinder or a skeet choke for HD. YMMV
I agree for lead shot nothing compares to the federals I've also killed turkeys at 60 steps with them
 

Premium Member
Joined
22,654 Posts
Remove the choke when not hunting.

For home defense, 000,00,0 #1 and #4 buckshot will all work quite well.

Police and military use 00.
 

Registered
Joined
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys the gun came with a x-factor ported ulti full choke for turkey and I just ordered a x-factor ported improved cylinder to use for home defense and waterfowl .
 

Registered
Joined
1,195 Posts
locutus said:
Remove the choke when not hunting.

For home defense, 000,00,0 #1 and #4 buckshot will all work quite well.

Police and military use 00.
Idk if u ment it like this but make sure there is some kind of choke in it before you shoot it bc you will ruin your threads if u shoot it without a choke in it
 

Registered
Joined
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that's what I meant but I did some reading and found out that a improved cylinder choke would be good for home defense and not to shoot with your choke removed. Glad I found that out and glad you told me thanks. My first shotgun with a choke.
 

Registered
Joined
1,195 Posts
tenntyrant said:
Yep that's what I meant but I did some reading and found out that a improved cylinder choke would be good for home defense and not to shoot with your choke removed. Glad I found that out and glad you told me thanks. My first shotgun with a choke.
No problem buddy do u plan to do a lot of turkey hunting with it
 

Registered
Joined
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking into it . I may do some turkey hunting if I get a chance but it will mainly be used for home defense that's why I ordered the improved cylinder choke to put on it.
 

Registered
Joined
1,195 Posts
tenntyrant said:
I am looking into it . I may do some turkey hunting if I get a chance but it will mainly be used for home defense that's why I ordered the improved cylinder choke to put on it.
Ok if u get into turkey hunting let me know I can give ya some pointers bout turkey guns
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top