Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
For turkey I whole-heartedly endorse Federals with the Flite Control wad. I took birds out to 60 steps this season with #4 Federals.

I have a good friend that shoots the Hevi-Shot Magnum blend, but they are $30+ for a 5 pack. :eek:

For HD, stock up on 2.75 inch 00 buck. Although, I don't want to stand in front of a load of turkey shot at 10 yards or less.

I would use a improved cylinder or a skeet choke for HD. YMMV

Registered
sweet boom stick bro. looks like a good purchase

Registered
Gatoragn said:
For turkey I whole-heartedly endorse Federals with the Flite Control wad. I took birds out to 60 steps this season with #4 Federals.

I have a good friend that shoots the Hevi-Shot Magnum blend, but they are $30+ for a 5 pack. :eek:

For HD, stock up on 2.75 inch 00 buck. Although, I don't want to stand in front of a load of turkey shot at 10 yards or less.

I would use a impoved cylinder or a skeet choke for HD. YMMV
I agree for lead shot nothing compares to the federals I've also killed turkeys at 60 steps with them

Premium Member
Remove the choke when not hunting.

For home defense, 000,00,0 #1 and #4 buckshot will all work quite well.

Police and military use 00.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys the gun came with a x-factor ported ulti full choke for turkey and I just ordered a x-factor ported improved cylinder to use for home defense and waterfowl .

Registered
locutus said:
Remove the choke when not hunting.

For home defense, 000,00,0 #1 and #4 buckshot will all work quite well.

Police and military use 00.
Idk if u ment it like this but make sure there is some kind of choke in it before you shoot it bc you will ruin your threads if u shoot it without a choke in it

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that's what I meant but I did some reading and found out that a improved cylinder choke would be good for home defense and not to shoot with your choke removed. Glad I found that out and glad you told me thanks. My first shotgun with a choke.

Registered
tenntyrant said:
Yep that's what I meant but I did some reading and found out that a improved cylinder choke would be good for home defense and not to shoot with your choke removed. Glad I found that out and glad you told me thanks. My first shotgun with a choke.
No problem buddy do u plan to do a lot of turkey hunting with it

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking into it . I may do some turkey hunting if I get a chance but it will mainly be used for home defense that's why I ordered the improved cylinder choke to put on it.

Registered
tenntyrant said:
I am looking into it . I may do some turkey hunting if I get a chance but it will mainly be used for home defense that's why I ordered the improved cylinder choke to put on it.
Ok if u get into turkey hunting let me know I can give ya some pointers bout turkey guns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts