Got a new Knight Mountaineer

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by onetohunt, Aug 16, 2011.

1. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

Love this gun! Great detail and craftsmanship. Knight took a little longer than they were expecting to to get these out, but it was well worth the wait. It has the built in Lehigh conversion kit in it. Jeweled bolt. Very nice fluted, free floated 27 in barrel. The stock is second to none. Very crisp trigger and fiber optic sights. I've got my Mountaineer top with Leupold bases and rings with a Vortex Viper HS 2.5x10x44 scope on top of those. Great job Knight!!
    DSC04501.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04504.jpg

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

OK, is that a black powder rifle? How does it shoot?

3. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

It is a .50 cal bp rifle. It is headed to the range today for its first shooting session!!

4. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

What bullet and powder you got in mind for that rig?

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Other than rudimentary knowledge of C&B revolvers, I'm clueless on black powder. I though Knight made muzzle loaders. What's the situation with yours having a bolt?

6. Hawg

Hawg New Member

It's an inline. Where's the puke smiley?

7. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

Looking at using around a 110 gr of BH 209 and a Lehigh 275 gr DOA with a MMP sabot.

8. firecaptain

firecaptain New Member

Hey, it lookss a lot like my knight long range hunter! Sweet rifle, dream to shoot, I've killed 2 bull elk in the cascade mountains here in Washington State with mine using 150 grains of pyrodex pushing a 290 grain Barnes TMZ. Both were 100 to 150 yrd. Shots with open fiberoptic sights. The thing is a tack driver. Glad you didn't go cheap, you'll learn to love it.

9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Those Knights are very good rifles.