Got a call yesterday from Black Hills Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by danf_fl, Jun 24, 2010.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Asking me if I still wanted the case of .45ACP, that I've had on order for over 1 year. The .380 order will probably not get filled either.

Are we still having an ammo shortage?

2. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i dont know, i ordered a 500rnd can of 10mm from Georgia Arms about 3-4 weeks ago and it said at ammonow.com....12weeks, long delays so i figured i would get the ammo a couple months down the road....
    well, it showed up last week...less than 3 weeks from the order date....$220 delivered

dont know if its the same for them on 45 ACP or 380 auto or if you even want to buy their ammo but might be worth looking into, especially if you're in florida. its the "canned heat" special

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

.45 APC has been very scarse here on the Oregon Coast. Boxes of 20 round Springfield 230 gr. FMJ are on the shelves, but they are $28 per box!:eek:

There are deals online for .45 APC though, like the one here 45 ACP : Ammunition To Go

4. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I usually do the quick ammo fix at some of the local shops and once in awhile you see a box of .45 ACP (Once in awhile)! Scary, I remeber 9mm Blazer jumped to 17.99 a box of 50 count and now down to 10.99 for 50 count.

Lately, have not gone out unless it is for parts for a new dog kennel cage. We rescued from the local pound a Belgian Tervuren/Mixed (possible German Shepherd). She was to be killed the next day because of her issues.

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Dunerunner, if you get toward I-5 I've been seeing shelves full of 45acp at just about every BiMart and Walmart between Eugene and Medford. Rem UMC, WWB, Fed Champion, even a bit of Blazer...all under $20/50.

Plenty of just about everything else as well, even a bit of .380acp at BiMart. Heck, I saw UMC Mega Packs of 9mm, 40sw, 45acp, and even 380acp at the Roseburg BiMart.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

45 is still the tough one find in my neck of the woods and if you do find it they're proud of it. $60 for 100 rd box of WWB. You can find almost everything else here, even some 380.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Sounds like I must be in the right place then. Too bad I don't own a 45acp...yet. Plenty to go around here at pretty good prices. This week I've seen:

WWB: $33/100
    Fed Champ: $16/50
    UMC Mega: $95/250

8. planenut

planenut New Member

Were those reloadable or steel cases? And where can I find those?

I've only seen the tula steel cases anywhere near those prices...

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How much to do you charge to ship?

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

All are brass cased.

The Federal and Winchester are at Walmart, and I believe similar prices can be found at Walmarts nationwide. It's just a case of how much effort the local clerks put into getting it onto the shelves and how long it stays there.

Lots of other stuff (UMC, Blazer) at BiMart, which is a Pacific NW chain. They're usually within 10% of WM's prices, but often have a better selection that includes Hornady.