Got a Another Firearm Today (A Good Day)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SGT-MILLER, Oct 17, 2008.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Well, I purchased a nice Hi-Point JCP .45 Auto for the nice price of $140.00.

You can't beat that price. I also purchased a Hogue slip on grip for $9.99.

Basically, I'm not trying to brag, but I want people to know on this site that it is possible to purchase a nice .45 without having to spend alot of money. This gun is nowhere considered top of the line, but it will run and will do what it's designed to do, and that is to save your life by driving 230 grain hardball steel into your attacker.

It's a good day today.:D

P.S. That brings my current gun collection up to a whopping two firearms...lol. A Hi-Point C-9 9mm, and now the JCP .45 Auto (still got alot more firearms to buy before I'm happy...lol).

The best part is that they are both MADE IN AMERICA.:cool:

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes New Member

Got any pics Sarge?
    Huba huba

3. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Any day a member gets a new pistol is a good day! Congrats! Nice find. We'll be waiting for the pics. ;)

4. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

It would be a good idea to buy a few spare magazines for the two you have now .

When it all hits the fan "as it looks like it might just do real soon" you can't fight and keep one or two magazines loaded at the same time .

5. cbw

cbw New Member

Good find, I think, never heard of that name. But if it does what yu say good move. Also waiting for pics.:D

6. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Great Sarge!

I believe this is the JCP you have? Hi Point, JCP .45ACP

Very NICE!!!!

SPECIFICATIONS & ADVERTISEMENT:
    Hi Point Firearms (MKS)

The Hi Point Polymer Pistol is on a larger frame allowing the shooter to enjoy the shooting even more. The Hi Point Polymer Pistol makes it fun to shoot targets, small game hunting and protecting lives too. The 3-Dot sights on the Hi Point Polymer Pistol are sure to zero in on your target. You can't go wrong with a Hi Point Polymer Pistol by your side.

Hi Point Polymer Pistol
    Model: Polymer Semi-Automatic
    Manufacturer Number: 34510
    Action: Double Action Only
    Caliber: 45 ACP
    Barrel Length: 4 1/2 Inch
    Capacity: 9 Round
    Safety: Thumb
    Grips: Polymer
    Sights:3-Dot
    Weight: 42 Ounces
    Finish: Black

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  7. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

They're ugly as sin and the ergonomics are horrible, but they do go bang every time you pull the trigger, or they get fixed for free and they're cheap.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sweet sarge,I no how you feel.My wish list went to the miraculous list.Any bargain is good and that's a good one .

Congrats!!!

9. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Congrats Sarge! A new toy is always fun. Hope you enjoy it, and if you don't, trade it for something you do.

Have fun!

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I see the New Gun Stork has visited and we have a new proud papa. Congrats on the new addition...

JD

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

My Hi-point was the first pistol I bought, a .40 S&W though. They are ugly but mine has never jammed with FMJ's. Hollowpoints are another story, mine won't fire hollowpoints. It'll fire FMJ rounds all day though.

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I plan on taking my C9, and my JCP out this weekend, and I am going to do up a "no B.S." performance test on them. I will post the results so others can use the information if they want to purchase one of these firearms.

I will test the following ways (if you have any ideas, on additional tests, let me know):

- Bench firing at 10 yards for 5 round grouping (cold weapon).

- Bench firing at 25 yards for 5 round grouping (cold weapon).

- Firing while standing at 7, 15, 25, 50, 70 yards (we'll see how far the guns will realistically reach out).

- Stress firing (4 magazines as fast as I can pull the trigger and reload).

- I will test the regular sights and the included "peep" sight to see the difference between the two.

- I will fire the gun in all different postions I can think of.

I will post the results once I'm done. I'm hoping I can borrow a friend's digital camera so I can video the whole thing and put it on youtube. We'll see, though.

Maybe I will start a trend on this site, and the other members can write reports of the performance of their firearms when they go to the range.

13. DuckA

DuckA New Member

If yours came with the peep sights, try them out. It only takes about 5 minutes to switch them out and it really improved the accuracy of my C9.

14. josephbw

josephbw New Member

I plan on taking my C9, and my JCP out this weekend, and I am going to do up a "no B.S." performance test on them. I will post the results so others can use the information if they want to purchase one of these firearms.

Hello Sgt. Miller.

My first new pistol was a Hi Point 9mm. I thought it was ugly and top heavy, but it went bang every time I shot my Winchester FMJ white box ammo during target practice, and it was pretty accurate. Then one day I used it for real on a raccoon. The first shot got him in the leg as he ran away, then the second round jammed on the feed ramp. The difference?, I was using my Winchester self defense hollow point ammo. Two days later I took it to the local gun shop and traded it for a new Springfield Armory Sub-Compact XD-40. I quickly decided that if I couldn't depend on it to shoot at coons, I certainly couldn't depend on it for self defense either.

I'm all for getting the most out of my dollar, except when my life or a loved one's will depend on it. By the way I absolutely love my XD-40. It will eat any ammo, is very accurate, is much easier to handle than the 9mm Hi Point, and has a lot better trigger on it. And most importantly I can depend on it. I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm just letting you know my experience with my Hi Point 9mm. I do however have a Hi Point 9mm carbine, that has been flawless in it's performance. Like the pistol it is inexpensive looking, and a bit clunky, but it hasn't let me down yet. Although in hindsight I wish I had gotten a .40 cal. model.

Good Luck,
    Joe :)

PS. No raccoons have survived the fury of one of my .40 JHP rounds. The exit wounds are horrific compared to the tiny exit wounds of the 9mm JHP round. I had gotten several ground hogs with my Hi Point, but the wounds were very small. The .40 is a whole different story.:eek: