Got a 1934 Hex Receiver.

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Mkilbride, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride New Member

At a local Gun show, 159$, comes with everything, including Bayonet.

Arsenal Refinished by Century. It is immaculate. I'll take pictures later, got it sweating Cosmoline off now, it was coated, the inside at least, the actual stock had very little, but the metal parts were oozing the stuff. Tried to take it out of the stock, but some Cosmoline seems to have hardened the barrel rings on and I can't get the top one off, did it with my cousins before, this one will not budget at all..

Happy I went there. Really good condition, could not believe it.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Concord NH gun show? I'm going tomorrow hope they have some hex receiver Mosin-Nagants left.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride New Member

They might.

And yeah, the Ice Arena.

I was surprised though, most guns were junk there.

At the sheer lack of guns, is all, 295 tables...most were knives or gun parts, not actual guns. Maybe Sunday will be different.

As I said, the ammo there is NOT cheap, even the Surplus is like marked up 20%, or more ,it would infact be cheaper to ship! It astounds me.

Look for these targets at one booth, run by a guy I work with, sells these Clay shooting targets, I recommend them.

I only saw one Hex Receiver, at the table I was at, all other tables were Octagon, but good luck!

4. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

Can't wait to see pix. That's a great deal on a hex congrats!

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Try drifting the barrel band with a screwdriver

handle.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have a 34 hex as well. It's an izzy though. Congrats on a good deal though. Mines a good shooter.

Attached Files: