GoPro video, picture, time lapse ideas

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by carnestopher, Jan 4, 2014.

1. carnestopher

carnestopher New Member

So I got a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition for Christmas and I've been taking the addicting thing EVERYWHERE with me. I also have a Hero 3 Black and in a couple weeks I'm going to Abilene to buy three more Hero 3+ Silver Editions that I'm getting a crazy good deal on from a friend.

My question to you folks, is what would you like to see? I'm open to anything! My girlfriend and I do a lot of adventurous things like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting (she doesn't go hunting with me), and in the warmer weather we're almost always at the lake with my dog.

Don't be scared to get creative, or even outlandish!

2. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Film a fish snatching your bait?
    I've got one coming in a few days. I ordered it with my safety bonus. I'm thinking about filming some underwater footage when I go to work. We get some huge tuna and Mahi Mahi. Not too sure how it would do in low light; we also get a lot of squid and flying fish close to our boat at night that would look cool.

3. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

With the on the go GoPros the ideas are endless,I use mine a lot for filming motorcycle rides.

Check the GoPro on a Hula Hoop
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K17Zt-QD3TY[/ame]

4. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Wow MO, that's a BadA$$ idea! Now, if I can just find some pretty models...

5. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Haha Srat I figured you just find one of those pretty mermaids swimmin' around :D

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

How does that camera work? Was it attached to the hula hoop?

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Some of the appeal of the GoPro cameras are the high definition. The slow motion capability. Image stability. Their waterproof case. And all if the many mounting options that allow the cameras to be run during lots of activities. Then it comes down to the creativity if the user.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I opted for the Sony Action Camera. This one is attached to the right side of my big noggin. Please excuse my bitching. This was the first time I went shooting after having my right wrist crushed and put into a cast. My left wrist did not need a cast, but I had nerve damage. Thank God for workman's comp. It was painful to shoot the USP .40, therefore my groupings were not tight as I would like.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpFI-dsZ-b4&hd=1[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  9. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

i took mine shooting today

10. carnestopher

carnestopher New Member

I'm waiting on my POV Mounting Systems mount to come in. In the meantime, I made three poles out of PVC pipe! ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1389099684.978764.jpg