Google This

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by HKSlinger, Feb 8, 2011.

1. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

I'm gonna whine here for just a minute so hold on. I really don't like asking a question and getting a response like,"google is our friend". Like I'm so incompetent that I'm unaware of a search engine, and if I were, Im obviously to stupid to use it. If I wanted to google, what the hell am I doing here. Funny,sometimes when I google, I get forums as one of the responses. Bottom line. I come here to interact, have fun, help if I can and learn.

N O T H I N G E L S E F O L L O W S

:D

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

With supporting membership comes all the wonders of the FTF.

3. opaww

opaww New Member

If it was not for Google I would have no friends at all

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Whenever I've used that response, it's for a question so simple and so basic that it probably shouldn't have been asked...

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Some people seem unable or unwilling to "look it up". It is a sign of the times where instant gratification is the rule. I'm sure no one is trying to be a smart azz when they say Google it. It is a healthy reminder that even though you get "an" answer here, it may not be "the" answer. Many of the answers to queries are opinion based (ie, why are Glocks so popular?).

Yes, many times FTF shows up as a possible resource to find an answer to your question. I see that as a good sign that we have many answers here.

6. hogrider

hogrider New Member

Would it not be just as simple to refrain and let someone else TRY to answer a question. Just wondering. Not trying to be wise.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I didn't gain my firearms knowledge requiring an answer that I didn't work for.

I gained mine from READING books.

Just like when my kids ask me how to spell a word. I tell them LOOK IT UP!!! If you don't work for your knowledge then you will not retain it.

Whats that saying? Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach that man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

I am not here to just give out answers. I am here to help guide you on your path to becoming an informed student of small arms.

If you don't like that well Sorry......

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
  8. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Google it and see. :D

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I prefer the version from somebody's sig about lighting a guy on fire as a way to keep them warm for the rest of their lives. :D

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

When I first joined here I asked a question that must have been very basic. I was given the "let me google that for you" answer and I was kind of hurt. I am very new to guns and sometimes the google answers use words and acronyms that I don't understand. I was a little intimidated by that response and I was afraid to ask any other questions for a while. Even now, if I read something I don't understand, I may PM a member here I feel comfortable with to ask for clarification rather than post it on the open forum. I'm just saying, we don't want to insult or belittle people who have come here and joined us and area trying to learn.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Newer folks, I'm sorry this has happened.

A somewhat thick skin is required here. It takes a little while for some to warm up to you here.

If you have a question, and you're unsure of whether it is a "bonehead" one, PM me. If I don't have the answer, I'll post to get it. Nobody here believes I even own a gun, so it would make sense that I'd ask.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Quoted for truth! :D

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Gonna have to agree with Winds on this one. People who feel the need to be rude and condecending to others just to make themselves feel superior are very small people. If you got nothing good to say just don't say anything. If you don't want to answer a question then don't but you don't have to be an arse about it. Let's be rude and arrogant that's a fine way to get more people interested in firearms and shooting. :rolleyes:

14. robocop10mm

Of course Tango should come with a warning label.

15. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

In the words of Jack
    [​IMG]

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Heyyyy!!!!:mad:

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Wow, you guys, just, wow......:mad::mad:

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

That little sweetie?:D

19. robocop10mm

I don't know if a warning label is sufficient for BB. Maybe a biohazard placard?