Goodbye Buddy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Let me tell you about our best friend. On my birthday, January 17, 2000; Susan gave me a birthday card with $400 cash and an ad for Weimarainer puppies. We made an appointment to see the breeder that weekend. When we arrived we met the mother Maggie. She had the sweetest disposition. She let us walk into the kennel with her 4 week old pups and stood right beside us. We put down the deposit for the pick of the males in the litter.

We went to pick up Percy two weeks later. We didn't choose him. He chose us. The breeder pulled all the male pups out of the kennel and we got down on the ground and played with them. One by one, they all left us to play amongst themselves except one. He just wouldn't leave. That's how Percy chose us.

Percy has been with us through some very tough times. He has been the most sensitive, the most attentive, the best natured dog I've ever had. In short, he's been the best dog I've ever had. He's been our buddy and has never wanted to leave our side.

Percy developed a tumor in his lung that we discovered earlier this year. It has become increasingly difficult for him to breathe. Last night he had a terrible coughing spell and couldn't catch his breath.

This morning at the Whitehaven Vet Center with Dr. Mulch and another one of their great staff, Susan and I said goodbye to Percy. I was on the floor with him and he laid his head in my lap, shortly later he took his last breath.

Thank you God for letting us have him for the almost 14 years. He is missed dearly.

Goodbye Buddy.

[​IMG]

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

So sorry for your loss. We lost our beloved Gorden Setter "Kelly" after 12.6 years. We have now "Rescued" a young Gordon Setter. The love of dogs never ends. :)

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Sorry for your loss,

4. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Losing a family member,EVEN a four legged family member is hard! 13+ years means a lot of interaction, love , and companionship. I can empathize in your loss but KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE!
    The best to ya' Scott!

5. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I am so very sorry for your loss.
    I have lost a lot of my friends over these years.
    I know how you feel.

6. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

Wow , Scott,
    I sure feel bad for you, been there, its a bad feeling.

But, time will help, and good memories will forever be there for ya.

Jim

7. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I am sorry for your loss. We can learn alot from Dogs. (They are all too often a better judge of character than we are)

8. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

So sorry for your loss Scott

9. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

10. DaughterofAres

DaughterofAres New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. TEARS!! with you.

11. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

So sorry for your loss. I actually find it more difficult to let go of my four legged family members than some two legged ones.

Attached Files:

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Scott, I am so sorry for your loss. When I was a teen we had a weimeraner/lab mix. He was one of the smartest dog I've ever owned.

You did the right thing for your friend by staying with him until the very end. For all the love and dedication they give to us throughout their lives, it's the least and most loving thing we can do for them. Heal your heart for a while then get a new dog. The new one will never replace Percy but the new dog will find a new spot in your heart. He will have his own little quirks and cute actions. And your love will bloom once again.

13. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Your loss is deeply felt. See my recent thread "RIP Cookie"

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

sorry to hear this Scott. it's sad to lose one of our four legged family members and you have my symphathies.

just remember all the memories of how much a part he was in your life, and that you and your wife were also a part of his life as well.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

RIP Percy! Be comforted by the happiness you brought each other.

I am not a dog person, but I dread the day when I have to put down my kitty. However that goes, I will be there for the fat lil guy.

16. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Sorry for your loss Scott.

17. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My condolences Scott!!!!!

18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss

19. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I am so sorry about Percy. I have been there myself. It is very painful to lose your dog or pet, especially after having them for so long. It is like losing a family member, because they are. I know you will never forget Percy. Take care.