Goodby one and all

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Walley, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walley

Walley New Member

In that it has been shown to me that FTF does not live up to my expectations I will no longer be an active participant.

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Life hasn't lived up to all my expectations. But I'm not ready to check out just yet. But for you... 8ios.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm sorry we failed you. We will all now commit Seppuku. :rolleyes:

5. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Never noticed you had been here in the first place. You won't leave a void when you are gone.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

7 threads, 265 posts, in two years.....

You'll be missed, Walley.

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I am heartbroken............not really.

9. Car54

Car54 New Member

No one is being forced to stay here so it sort of leaves you thinking about how we failed to live up to his expectations. Walleye Walley, if you are still lurking, would you give us a clue?

10. russ

russ New Member

I fail to see the point of this post, other than to draw attention to yourself. If you really are dissatisfied and want to leave, why not just go quietly? However if you are looking for something you have yet to find here, this was the wrong way to try to find it.

11. Jared

Jared New Member

Well its the moderators fault he is leaving. Canebrake made fun of him.:D

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

How is it a guy lives to be 75 and can't take a joke? :confused:

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If I might make a suggestion (feel free to ridicule me for it) I think it might not be a bad idea for the Moderators to do just that, moderate. Do nothing more than that. Don't participate in the conversations taking place because you might possibly alienate people who are "purists" and those people may have such a weak grasp on the reality that they don't understand that other people have differing opinions. Or perhaps a sense of humor.

Maybe the Moderators should have alternative user names for when they want to participate in the conversation. Like maybe Brakecane or something. Oh. No. That would be bad.

I'll let it go there.

14. AusLach

AusLach New Member

What the moderators contribute to this forum while participating in our conversations well and truely outweighs the contributions of any hard-done-by sad arses who have no sense of humour and only wish to draw attention to themselves. Walley did himself and the rest of us a favour by stepping out when he did.

If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen :eek:

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Exactly!!

I think the Moderators should do more than moderate. They help give this forum direction and the knowledge our Moderators have is priceless. It would by a cryin' shame if our Moderators simply moderated. Though I like, respect, admire and have been helped by every moderator here, it is very difficult to match the knowledge Canebrake has shared with this forum.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-11962/

The above post made me realize even if I could, I am not ready to conceal carry. What an eye opener about things I had never thought of.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/i-have-gun-things-not-say-cop-40484/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/...-repellent-home-defense-tool-ever-made-40490/

I could go on but I'll stop here. It would be a shame to not let our moderators share their knowledge about guns. I am here to learn and the mods have been some of my best teachers.

As for those members who may misinterpret a Mod's sense of humor and be offended, it would probably happen when anyone posted a funny comment to the 'easily offended' or other person who may lack a sharp sense of humor.

I think the Mods here are damn near perfect!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  16. Car54

Car54 New Member

Horse-Pucky!

17. steve666

steve666 New Member

Regarding the OP --- So???
    As to the Moderators --- I think it is ridiculous to suggest in a forum that is all about rights that the Moderators should give up theirs just because they are Moderators!!!

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm sure Cane won't lose any sleep over this.

Ta-ta, Walley. Nobody cares.

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Why don't you go back and read Walley's post first. He fired the first volley at the testosterone infused shotgun crowd. Cane's reply was very mild at worst. He asked Walley to tell us how he really feels.

THEN Walley wants to get all uppity and accuse a mod of being mean to him. He MAY be 75 years old, he sure seems like a thin skinned DB that did not belong here in the first place. Gone and now forgotten.

20. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Hell, I've been outright insulted right after I came here. Kinda torqued me at the time but I got over it.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.