Good timing

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, May 22, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I keep a locker at my local gun store/range which is really convenient as I store some of my guns & ammo there. Yesterday at lunch time I was bringing a batch of stuff to put in the locker as I had taken some home to clean & lube. One of the guns I was putting away was the steel Jericho 941S which I picked up cheap on a whim. Anyway the owner comes over (nice young kid of 28) and asks me what I'm storing. We chat for a minute and he says he wants the Jericho to bring to an Atlanta gun show this weekend.

I ask him what he's got to trade and he grabs a box and shows me a mint Sig P239 in .40 S&W. I had been toying with getting one of these as they are very nice compact guns. So yeah, I swap the Jericho even for the Sig and we're both happy. Now I really like Hogue grips with Sigs so when I get back to the office I'm going to order a set. I also need a few extra mags and a holster as I have nothing for this one. I jump on the Sig forum and lo & behold a fella has just posted an ad selling 3 factory mags, Hogue grips, a Sig kydex paddle, and a Desantis Speed Scabbard for $125 bucks. Yup, I had good timing yesterday.

Footnote. I was leaving right after work for SC so before I left the gun store I had the owner give me 2 mags worth of ammo for a quick smoke test - gun shot well. I had a box of good .40 SD ammo at home so I loaded it up and it is my truck gun on this trip...

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Right place, right time. Hope I can have some of that luck tomorrow.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Congrats on your swap.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Geez Dave, I've gotta' start hanging out with you. :cool:

5. Agent_H

Agent_H New Member

Sig 239 are great! I had one in 9mm and always thought one in .40 would be a great package. congrats on your trade man!

6. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

You lucky, lucky old man!

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Goodness, you swap guns like a Hollywood heiress swaps bed mates.:D

8. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

It's been a long time since if had that kind of luck. Good trade!

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

It sounds like you came out on top AGAIN! Good trade Dave!

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Trust me, the young fella that owns the store had a buyer lined up and he'll make a tidy profit I'm sure. He had taken this one in on trade and I'm sure he didn't have a ton of $$$ tied up in it. I had one in 9mm some time ago but since I have a boatload of .40 ammo - it made sense. I'm really trying to get my inventory down to a more basic level with no more than 2 in a category. I have 2 1911s, a Walther PPK, and either an XD service or XDM I'll be selling in the coming weeks...