Good Thursday Morning........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Jun 9, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

WOOT!! WOOT!! It's payday for me and it's a nice one because I worked the Memorial Day holiday. The last three days have been in the mid to upper 90's and last night it cooled off down to the 60's. Since I am cheapskate and rarely turn on my air conditioning, I'm glad for the cooler air. My house repairs are (mostly) done except for a new door knob and dead bolt on the front door. The storm door latches need a little fine tuning, too, since one doesn't really catch when it closes. The repair guy will be back to finish up. Tonight I get to babysit a friend/co-worker's little girl while her and her husband go to a wine tasting. I always bring my daughter and granddaughter with (the two little girls are almost the same age) and my daughter and I sit back and listen to these two girls giggle like two little girls. :confused: I'm done being discouraged with myself and I've started watching my Cold Steel DVD's. I watched the Air Rifle section and the Mini Pistol section........I'm not sure what's next. I'm bound and determine to learn this gun stuff, darn it!!

Life is grand!!

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Good morning to ya!
    Today is my Monday. Have to go to work after two days off.
    Dern, I want to live like normal people.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Another day at work with the sales team down by 2 bodies so it's sure to be busy. After that it's another evening filled with chainsaws and picking up branches. The yard looks like a hay field but there are still so many branches down there is no way I'm going to try to mow it.

4. winds-of-change

I don't! I work the midnight shift and I love it. Who wants to be 'normal'?

We just had a fierce storm blow through last night. I'll see what my yard looks like when I get home. I could just imagine. :eek: Last time I worked a chain saw it was not a good thing. I hope I don't have to do it again.

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

And good morning to you.
    I get off this towboat today!!!!!!!! ye-haw!!!!!!

6. oneshot

oneshot New Member

Good morning to everybody. God gave us another great day to enjoy. I got to work tonight then the wife and I are sneaking away for some R & R. Kayaking , fishing, swimming, and camping. Life does not get any better.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Good morning all.

Took PVT Tango to the Ortho doc yesterday. He is in a splint and can't do PE recess of the two field days coming up next week. Doc said everything is looking real good just needs some time for the tendons and ligaments to heal.

SOL Testing is over at work. Now the real work begins. I have to image and tear down 60 computers hooked up to 4 different switches and put them all away and get them ready to use. I sent an email with my resume to the Middle school principal and I am waiting to hear back from him.

8. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

Good morn to everyone.The bad thing abut disabled is you only get paid once a month. At least when I worked at lowe's it was every two weeks. I don't look forward to fridays like "normal" people. IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY, because I will make it that way. I wish the same for everyone.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Tango, Best wishes on getting the job.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

For some reason, I just remembered what a very wise friend told me years ago. He said that God doesn't make good days and God doesn't make bad days, He just makes days. ;)

Dunerunner is coming up for lunch today. :cool:

11. winds-of-change

I'm glad the PVT is doing good. Don't make him do any chores around the house while he heals. :)

I wish you the very best of luck on in getting that new job. You deserve nothing but the best.

Very good quote, CA. You and Dunerunner have a good time.