Good Sunday Morning!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Apr 17, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm looking forward to this new week. At the end of this week I will be in Kentucky with some awesome FTF members shooting up watermelons on StalkingBear's property. I think I'm even going to bring some apples to really test the skills of all shooters who show up there. We are going to make fruit salad with our guns! I'm so excited. I'll be booking my room at the Hampton in by Bear's place Monday morning. I have enough ammo to shoot and to let others shoot my gun if they want to. They'll see my gun is just not another Ruger GP100 but it is my Ruger GP100...that in and of itself making it superior to all the other GP100s out there.

Today I was supposed to go back up to Racine to get some professional instruction up at the gun shop/range where Hunter Joe works but I had to work last night and I wouldn't have been rested enough to be around guns. Not to mention I have to save every penny to get to Kentucky and back. The man I'm taking instruction from is Samuel Beech and he really knows his stuff. Google his name and see for yourself!

I'm as giddy as a young child at Christmas.....so looking forward to the Kentucky Meet and Greet.

What's your plans for this coming week?

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I guess no one is having a good Sunday morning. I had a little drink last night and woke up early this morning because I had to drop some kids off at the pool.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgpENelB9QE]YouTube - Sunday Morning Coming Down - lyrics - Johnny Cash[/ame]

3. Car54

Car54 New Member

This is a travel day for me. I'm flying out of Detroit to Atlanta then after a brief layover, into Sarasota. All next week I resume my daily radiation treatments and tomorrow I have a meeting in Tampa with my daughter and the travel group director regarding her upcoming study abroad trip.

I'll be glad to get back to the warm weather, it's kinda chilly up here.

4. winds-of-change

I wish you the best, Car54.

5. winds-of-change

It's too early on a Sunday morning for many replies yet.

"Dropping the kids off at the pool"
    That reminds me of a funny story..........When my oldest son was a senior in high school, he didn't need to take many classes so he would often help the gym teacher with his classes. My son didn't like taking a poop in the public restrooms at the school so if he needed to poop, the gym teacher would give my son the keys to the teacher's bathroom in the gym area. So, my son said one day he stuck his head into the gym and said "Hey, Mr. Lauer, can I have your keys? I need to drop the kids off at the pool" and one of the freshman kids said "Wow, Mr. Lauer, you let Phil drive your car?" We still laugh about that one.

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

Thanks, WOC. These treatments are standing in the way of a road trip to Ky so I won't be able to make it. I hope you all have a good time at 'Bears place. Put one in the 10 ring for me.

7. winds-of-change

Hahaha, I'll try my best. If I ever do get one in the 10 ring it's because when you shoot all over the target you are sure to eventually get one there. ROFL

I sure wish you could have made it to Kentucky. You're just going to have to get well and make it to the next one.

8. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

WOC, did you volunteer to take on the tazzer?

9. winds-of-change

Oh, no, Jesse. You have it all wrong. I volunteered to use the tazer.........on Shihan.

10. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Dang, that almost makes it worth driving down just to see. :D

11. Jay

Jay New Member

You're welcome to more range time north of Indianapolis if you're so inclined.... Have a safe trip, and a good time while you're there.

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've only been out of bed an hour, about to eat some leftover pizza, then head out to the woods to do planning and measuring for our future home.

13. winds-of-change

Well, there's a lot that depends on this little event, here. RSG has to bring her tazer (or is it a stun gun)? Shihan has to agree to let me taze him (or I can do it when he least expects it).

That being said, I think you should drive down to see that. But for those who can't make it I'll be sure to get a video of it. But really, if this event happens, it'll be much more for in real life. :D

Where would you be driving from, Jesse?

14. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I'm way up here in Montana, so I won't be making it. :(

But I'm going to do my best to make it to one next year.:)

Just not going to have the funds and most importantly the time off for it this year. :(

Can't wait to see the video though! :D

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Left-over pizza sounds good...I'm putting back brakes on the car and then cutting grass...FUN...FUN...FUN.....Have a SAFE trip..............

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I gotta get my turkey hunting gear ready as spring season opens tomorrow. Then I have to get the guest quarters ready for some friends who will be here in the middle of the week.

I don't encourage anyone to test RSG's tazer on anyone. It is 1,000,000 volts. That is no joke.

17. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

So far it's a nice day outside, a little wind. No one else up yet but me. Maybe, I'll just watch Nascar at Degga today........

Jim....

18. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It's a little cool here (65F), and some wind blowing.
    Other than that, it is a beautiful day.

Good Morning!

19. winds-of-change

*sigh* Okay. You're probably right.