Good scope for tactical .22?!?!!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JustinM, Jul 21, 2012.

1. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I have a tactical .22 and it's got a red dot on it but I want a good low priced scope to stretch it out a bit further and hunt small game with. Any suggestions? I might get the .22 plinker tactical illuminated scope.

image-332707768.jpg

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Nikon P-22 is a nice piece of glass for the money.

3. JustinM

JustinM New Member

That's pretty pricy lol

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Attached Files:

5. marine04

marine04 New Member

If you want cheap but decent get a tasko pronghorn. I bought one for 40.00 at cabelas and love it. It's an extremely accurate scope for the money.

6. JustinM

JustinM New Member

Mountain man I have a Barska red dot on it already just looking for something to reach a little further. Marine04 thanks I'll check it out.

7. dan01

dan01 New Member

I have been using a $80 dollar NcStar scope on my Uramex Colt C 4 22 cal for some time now and I love it....(NcStar 3x9x42 P 4 sniper reticule.....Ordered through Walmart (Wayfair)....................Look At their scopes and you may find another that suits your needs as they have many at various price ranges.

8. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

If you have a 3mm red dot on there, the only reason for a scope is bad eyesight...
    it is rarely that a .22lr is used to take small game at farther than 75 yards...for which even iron sights are more than capable of...

9. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I have good eyes just want an actual scope. The iron sights are garbage.

10. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

I use a tasco world class on mine. It works great

11. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

Suggestion,

search the online sites for scopes in the style and price range that you are looking for.
    then bring that list here and you'll get a bunch of viewpoints toward each one.
    This will get the discussion much more specifice real fast.

I landed an NCstar with variable power, lighted P4 retical, and an integrated laser (for the cool factor i guess) but it is almost 8" in length. All for well under $100. I went variable power since right now i like to shoot at 6x. However, it does look like it belongs on my 22lr-AR better when compared to a full size 12" scope.

Curlyjoe

Correction... it may not be an NCStar will have to confirm when i get back to the casa

Add-on:
    try this link to TSG, they have several brands and options all grouped together. you don't have to purchase from them but can window shop. get back to us with your choices.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/scopes-scopes.aspx?c=134&s=6&d=125

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012