good price on stainless mini 14

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by hawkguy, Aug 2, 2014.

1. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

2. sandog

sandog Member

Not a bad price at all. I'm on the lookout for a Mini-30 or Mini 6.8 to go with my 5.56 SS. I haven't seen any for sale here, so don't know if the prices for those calibers run the same.

3. hawkguy

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I have decided

My next Mini will Be the Target Stainless,...I just love that Laminated wood stock,...just not sure it I can use any Mags other then the 5 Rd....

5. hawkguy

i am pretty dang sure the target model can use any ruger mini 14 mag or aftermarket mini 14 mag, regardless of capacity.

just don't put 5.56 in the mag! :cool:

6. hawkguy

...and this place has decent prices on the target (850) as well. they were $800-850 back when i was looking in 2010.

too bad they are located in texas, so i would have to get zapped with taxes also....any of you guys out of state might come out cheaper with ffl & ship.

EDIT: but the model w/laminated stock is well, out of stock.

http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...-overmold-stock-stainless-finish-p-24296.html

7. DrFootball

They are actually about a hr. Away from me. They are right up the a road from GUNSITE,.......I'd really rather have the longer barrel. I have a Stainless 18.5" on my current(circa 1992) one. I'm still considering a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 or the hi-point carbine, both in 9MM, before a second Mini. Drawback on the Sub: no way to mount optics, and I'd need to fine one set up for Beretta, not Glock mags. Drawback on the hi-point: only 10&15 rd mags. Either way, one of those two would be a Truck/RV Gun,...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

^^^

Sacrilege! Just get another Mini. No sense degrading yourself with those substandard weapons.

9. DrFootball

I need another Pistol caliber Carbine. I have an RRA AR in 9MM, but that's for the "deification hitting the oscillation."
    I need a vehicle /RV gun that shoots what my primary pistols shoot. I love my Mini and I do want another, if for no other reason so my wife can say "can I shoot it?" I also want at least one long Arm she won't shoot: either an AR-10 to go with my 2 Sprinfields, or a 338 Lapua...