Good price for s&w ar

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Applin88, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I saw a s&w m&p 15 with L3 eotech optics a bipod and a forward vertical grip for $999 seems to be a decent price anybody know if it is a good price

2. billt

billt New Member

I'm assuming for that price and with those additions, the gun is used. If it is you would have to know the round count and overall condition before you could accurately determine if it's worth the asking price. If it's new, it would be an absolute steal.

3. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If it's new, provide a link or address - I want one!

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

You really need to figure out what model it is.. A lot of people just assume the M&P ar rifles are all the same.. Look on the S&W site and you will see over a dozen variations. If its a sport with an Eotech then its not that good of a deal, if its a M&P 15t ( tactical Retail around $1600 ) then its a smoking deal.. Even if its a standard model they are mostly in the 1k range.

I would suggest get the model or a couple pics of each side and then figure out the model, condition, round count, how many mags with it, case ect ect ..

5. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I saw it at bass pro and wrote down what was on the label that was hanging on the gun just said s&w m&p 15 eotech and forward vertical grip

6. billt

billt New Member

If the gun in question is new, there is no doubt it has a Delta Ring forend, and pretty much standard everything else. Bass Pro isn't know for selling to the ninjas as it is the masses. It's only recently they even started selling AR-15's. One thing to check for is if the gun has a forward assist. Anything else you can add as you feel you need to.

7. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I'm gona go back and see wich model it is for sure

8. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I saw it at bass pro its not on their website I checked I reckon its a local store deal

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I assume the EOTech model will be the 512.. as its the cheapest. Itself cost $370-400 from online retailers. Hopefully the rifle is not the Sport model.

10. billt

billt New Member

If it's a plain Jane M&P 15 with a forward assist, they go for around a grand here. (They've all gone up slightly as the election nears). The big stores like Cabela's and Bass Pro will occasionally have them on sale for $799.00. They sell out quickly when they do. If the one you are talking about is that same model with an EO-Tech, I'd grab it.

11. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I'm gona go look at it tomorrow and see if they still go it. Walmart has to different colt models for around a grand I was aimin at gettin one of those till I saw that s&w the other day with the eotech scope and vertical forward grip

12. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

I've been told that I need to make sure it has a chromed lined barrel is that true?

13. billt

billt New Member

It depends. A Chrome lined barrel will give you somewhat longer barrel life at the exchange of less overall accuracy. If you're buying this for general shooting, and as a "fun gun", which most AR-15 shooters do, I wouldn't worry about it either way. A Chrome lined barrel is more desirable with an AK-47 because it will be more forgiving when shooting corrosive ammunition. There isn't much of that floating around in .223. So to answer your question it would be nice if it had one, but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker if it didn't.

14. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

Ok good to know thanks

15. rurak

rurak New Member

There's nothing wrong with an m&p 15 sport ...... It doesn't have a dust cover or forward assist but your don't NEED them....

16. mdauben

mdauben New Member

If you are talking S&W guns it really doesn't mater. AFAIK they are all either chrome or melonite(sp?) lined. The melonite lining isn't milspec but its a good alternative that most users will never notice the difference with.

17. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

What is considered moldova just out of curiosity

18. Applin88

Applin88 New Member

Dang phone changes my words half the time ment milspec

19. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Milspec just refers to the specifications the military writes for various items the purchase. In the case of the selective fire M4s the armed forces use, the military specifies that the barrels be chrome lined for durability.

20. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I had to use my fwd assist not long ago.