Good price for Lewis Machine Gun?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by RufusTFirefly, Nov 16, 2011.

1. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

Got a bead on a locally owned Lewis Gun being sold on consignment. There doesn't seem to be a big market right now for these guns (at least from what I can initially gather from the internet)

Does anybody know what these guns normally sell for these days?
    It appears to be in very good shape. I do not know what accessories it may come with.

Thanks for any help...

Rufus

2. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

They usually run $1500 and up for a complete LMT rifle. What are they asking for it? What is the round count? Any marks, scratches on it.

3. RufusTFirefly

RufusTFirefly New Member

$1500??? We're obviously referring to two different types of Lewis guns. The asking price for the one in question is 19K...

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

BCM- you are thinking of LMT. Rufus is asking about a .303 caliber light machine gun.

Rufus, depending on maker and condition, that may be a realistic price. There were many made by Vickers, have seen a Japanese Lewis go for $12,500, but a Savage go for $22,000.

5. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Looks like they are going for about $16 and up. You can get a good feel on MG prices by looking here: Machine Gun Price Guide

I think this Lewis MG category that is listed, is for ground guns. A friend of mine collects the aircraft versions (all in 30-06) and the the least expensive one he has is $22k.