Good or crap?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by cbsteel, Jan 16, 2012.

1. cbsteel

cbsteel New Member

I'm looking to get a new pistol. Some choices I have in mind are the stoeger cougar, sig sp2022,Walter pk380,cz p-07 and a taurus 809 they are all around the same price.....any suggestions?

2. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

I always try to buy American. No sense in paying an import tax.

Ruger, Browning, and S&W make the most modern and study American semi-auto handguns, in my view.

3. Artyom

Artyom New Member

Supposedly that SP2022 is an excellent weapon. Has an accessory rail on it too.

4. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

What is the budget? Of the ones listed I'd lean towards the CZ first and then the SIG but a few extra dollars here or there and you can get into a Smith & Wesson M&P9 or for roughly the same money the SR9 from Ruger.

5. cbsteel

cbsteel New Member

Actually they are all the same price 400 except for the Walter which is 6o less

6. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Out of what you listed there, my opinion would be go with the Walther pk380

but if you're open to suggestions, may I suggest

Baby Desert Eagle II - 9mm

Same price range...love this gun!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Who is Walter?

8. Junior966

Junior966 New Member

Walter is Walther's little brother :)

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ohhh! Walter, i remember now.. :)

10. cbsteel

cbsteel New Member

I'd love to even find a baby eagle. Unfortunately for me I have to drive damn near 50 mile to find a place with a decent selection of guns who doesn't want an arm or leg or both

11. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Buy online. It's cheaper, most places have discounted (or free) shipping, and best of all, you won't pay sales tax unless you live in the same state as the warehouse shipping to you.

All you have to do is find someone to accept the transfer...and for ~$20...that's not hard to do.

I love supporting my local gun guys, I really do, but when comparing prices, i've found instances where I can save $150 just by buying online and having it transferred to them.

Not their fault....doesn't mean I don't want my $150 to go spend on ammo

12. cbsteel

cbsteel New Member

That's a good option any sites in mind?

13. cbsteel

cbsteel New Member

Good option any sites in mind?

14. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48 New Member

15. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

Springfield Armory XD models are good too. The XDm models will put a major hole in your wallet. I have to XD40s and you can now find them for around $375.
    Check gallery of guns, they offer low prices and ship to the gun dealer of your choice and the gun dealer makes money too so they won't get pissed cause you bought it online.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

16. TekST165

TekST165 New Member

fyi...the Baby Desert Eagle is made in Israel by IWI. (google the jericho pistol) And if your refering to the desert eagle fast action, thats another Walther P99 knock off. Both are great guns....but not exactly american made. The PK380 has a few issues from what i hear....but thats probably the guys at the pistol range i go to running thier mouths lol. I personally own a Walther PPQ, I picked one up for about a hundred dollars more than the price range you are talking about at a gun show(paid $519 w/tax).
    I say save your money and go to a gun show....you never know what you will find for a good price.

17. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

A good friend has a PK380 and the safety/decocker fell apart while shooting over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

18. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

19. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Gunbroker.com or Guns of America are good sites as well.