Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
What do you consider cheap?? Used to be $70 but I think it is up in the air now.. I could keep an eye out for one if I can meet your requirements

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Gunbroker.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
ya gun broker is good i got my sks from there it was 200$ i got the origanal stock and a side folding stock plus bayonet but ive seen um even cheaper now.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I'd also look at auctionarms.com. They have less traffic than gunbroker but the prices do seem more reasonable on lots of stuff. And of course theirs always CDNN...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Find you a gun show close by to go to, last few shows here they were plentiful and prices about 200 give or take a buck, we have a good show coming this weekend

·
Registered
68 Posts
If there is a Cabelas store in your area, check there. A week ago I was in the Ft. Worth store and they had 10 SKS rifles w/grenade launcher on the racks for $180 each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
conversion

i have a chinese sks .... top feed attached magazine .
can i convert this into a detachable magazine in any way .

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
You sure can, it's actually pretty easy. Flip the rifle over with the iron sights on the floor or table. Behind the trigger there is a little tab, push this tab towards the muzzle of the gun (a screwdriver will aid in this step). This enables you to remove the trigger group and the attached box magazine. Put the trigger group back in and push really hard on the trigger guard. If you put the safety in the "off" position it will snap in a little easier. Also use your screwdriver again to push the tab forward will you push on the trigger guard. You're done. What brand of detachable mags are you using? I have a Yugo SKS and have had no luck with them. I hear Tapco is a good brand but have'nt tried them yet.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts