Good News Today

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CarlsbadRanger06, Dec 14, 2011.

1. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

My CO informed me today that I will be receiving E-7 rank sometime in the ext couple weeks or a month.

Great news! It's better pay and I'd be lying if I said it won't look good on my chest. I'm sort of puzzled seeing as how I've been fighting a medical review board, though..... Doesn't happen very often, especially SFC Rank!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Congrats, but keep your eyes open! I've seen people for some reason get promoted right before a med discharge. But I've also seen people get promoted because they WEREN'T getting the med discharge. Kind of depends on the day of the week I guess.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Congrats on your promotion!!!!!!

4. CarlsbadRanger06

Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time ;)

But then again, that $5100/month E-7 pay looks pretty good!

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Congrats on the promotion!

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Not to mention the job security

7. CarlsbadRanger06

Yes. Yes that is true.

Did I mention that I HATE liars and wannabe, military posers?!?!?!? Like this assclown "SSGSF" that has the SF tab and is pretending to be deployed? SF? Yet has ZERO grammar, spelling, or punctuation?

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Agreed. I'm one of those people who kick themselves in the a$$ because I didn't join the military. I'm envious and thankful for those who have served as well as those that do. What you guys do for your country is admirable and i hold you all to the upmost respect. With that being said, as envious as i am, I couldn't see making up a story about serving. A tall tale is one thing, lying about serving is a total low thing to do. You would earn more respect by thanking you guys like every American should do who hasn't served and move on with your life.

9. CarlsbadRanger06

Thank ya Sir ;)

You're right. Lying the way this dude is lying is lower than a snake's belly....

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Congratulations on the promotion.

That's a darned good monthly income!!

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

I kick myself every day for getting out. :(

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Some have/had no choice mon ami and thats a sad thing for anyone.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

congrats on the promotion ranger. i hope you get to stay in if you want and wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do if you muster out. i applaude your service to our country and all your fellow servicemen. my regret is i was not allowed to serve either, due to a medical issue was not allowed to enlist. this has been a regret because my father served during the vietnam war and ny grandfather served during wwII. thanks to all who have served, past and present. thank you.

14. CGO

CGO New Member

Congrats and thank you for your service.:)

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Yes congrats...I regret not staying in and retireing. At the time I thought you would get more respect as a civilian...not true...you actually get less and you have to buy your own firearms.

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

E-7 rank ... wow, a lot of time put into that I remember. Kudos to you.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

(A) Congratulations on the promotion, and (B) Grid coordinates of the promotion party, please! :p

Promotion is always a good thing- Do you have a slot where your are now, or is there a transfer in the works? Can you stay in 5 Romeo unit, or out to a line unit somewhere?

In absentia, will hoist a bottle to your promotion, to your very good health and success, and to a happy Christmas to you and yours.

C3
    US Army (Ret)

18. CarlsbadRanger06

Yessir I have a slot if I want it.

As I understand it, the chances of me being in a line unit again are rather slim.
    I like this gig though. I'm told I am a better instructor than a line unit NCO (they say it's not okay to be as hard on my soldiers in 1st Batt as I was).

I'm not having a promotion party. I'm going to be in NM when the orders become effective so it'll probably just be a beer with the OL Man. ;)

19. fmj

fmj Active Member

CONGRATS! and Thanks!

Got no love for posers here either.

20. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Fine job sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!