Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been lurking around several gun forums and decided it was time to actually join one. I have several guns , a few antiques, a couple of carry guns, a couple of rifles, and a shotgun. And most important a CCW license. I enjoy shooting and at times I can fill up the 10 ring. I've been married to the same woman for 38 years, have a married daughter, and two granddaughters.

Thanks for reading,
Joe

·
Banned
16,851 Posts
Welcome josephbw.38 years,she must be a keeper,good to see that in these crazy times.Looking forward to shareing the knowledge.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dango,

She's definitely a keeper, besides I'm too old to go through all the dating crap again.

I recently purchased a used Remington 870 express for home defense, coons, possums, groundhogs, and the other assorted varmints that try to live under my front porch. I bought a Remington 20" barrel, a Choate 3 round mag extension, and a Limbsaver butt pad to round out the gun for more versatility. I haven't had the chance to shoot it since the mods, but I will soon. It's in great shape with enough wear that it's very smooth, but not so pristine that I won't shoot it. I'm very pleased with the gun so far. Does anyone have a similar setup? Have any problems or other mods that will make it better?

Have a great day,
Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the hospitality. I had been considering joining the GB forum, but the drama, name calling, and general chaos over there turned me off.

I got my chance to use my 870 again a little while ago. I now have one less raccoon under the front porch. The only issue I had was interference with my Stihl earmuffs against the stock. It made it hard to line up the sights unless I really pressed the stock against the muffs. The next time I'll use foam ear plugs and the should do the trick. The Limbsaver butt cushion made a world of difference even with the #4 buckshot I was using.

I have a pistol my father-in-law brought back from WWII. I think it was made in Spain in the late 20's. I would like to post some pictures of it to see if anyone recognizes the pistol. My question is, do I have to have the photo on Photobucket or some other hosting site, or can I just send it here and store it on the forum server?

Thanks again,
Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this a true bayonet?

Has anyone ever seen this knife before and can it really be used on a bayonet? It is said that it can fit together with a AK47 rifle. Maybe it is a copy of some old military knife that was used back in one of the wars? The website that it is on is www.lducompany.com I am wondering if it can fit on any other types of guns or rifles. Does it look like something that would be used by Chinese, Koreans, or Russians. Here is a link to the knives page http://www.liangdianup.com/knives_1.htm and it is the knife with the number 406023 right at the top of the page.Any help would be appreciated before I order it all the way from China :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts