Good Monday Morning!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Jun 6, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Up and at 'em!! How was your weekend and what's in store for the coming week? I know Tango had a crappy weekend. Sorry, buddy.

My youngest son stopped by Sunday afternoon after work and we had dinner together. Steaks cooked on the grill, home made mashed potatoes and some really delicious sweet corn. I'll post a picture of my son later when I get home as I am at work right now.

My work schedule for June is hellish as there are vacations to cover and we have one midnight tech out on medical leave. They're working me hard!

I want to hear about everyone's wonderful summer plans for this week.

2. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

Meh, I guess it was okay. I spent most of it sleepless doing a lot of work, and out in the heat with heavy humidity. I did have to sell my very first .45 ACP that I purchased for CCW due to the bullet drag being so severe on it (even for a compact pistol and .45 ACP to boot too). I got a busy and sleepless Monday ahead of me as well due to a lot of summer class work. Man it sucks to be grad student in June. :p

3. winds-of-change

You will reap great rewards, I'm sure. Keep working hard!!

4. Major Kusanagi

Major Kusanagi New Member

I hope so. I can't stand staying another year at this liberal cesspool! :p

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Good morning!

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

I get home on Thursday, after 21 days away. Hope for for 21 days of fun. My daughter is 9. Then back for 21 on the boat. repeat and rinse.

8. winds-of-change

Holy cow. Tough schedule. I guess I can quit whining now. :eek:

9. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Today is my Friday!

I worked a 16hr shift on Thursday, then 7a-3p on Friday, then another 16hr for Saturday, and two more 7a-3p for Sunday and Monday.

My plans for Tuesday? Sleeping til noon!

10. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Good morning! Just work for me. 6:45-5:15 all week. Probably some meetings to go to at night as well, I haven't looked at my schedule. This is better than last year when I was cut back to four eight hour days a week. That was hard to pay the bills with.

11. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm taking the morning as vacation, wasn't going to drive downtown for 90 minutes, then head out again. Gotta meet the house inspector and my Realtor at 10:00 at the place we're buying.

12. winds-of-change

Okay. Here's a picture I took of my son when he stopped by to visit me. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Went to my niece's graduation party up in Barrington, IL. Sunday after church was nap-time, then went to go see Thor with my wife. Even she liked it.

Today started with Dr.'s appointment and physical therapy. We'll keep working at it until it straightens out.

My father is supposed to stop by sometime today with his long awaited 55 Chevy resto-mod.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's raining and cold again. It's obviously Global Warming. :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of starter packs of vegetables sitting on the porch waiting to go in the ground. It's supposed to warm up by tomorrow or Wednesday and I'll plant them then. I just hope we have a long Summer and a late Fall.

Today I'm hanging pictures and such and doing other assorted domestic chores to make the house into our home. :)

15. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Today is my Sat. Early this AM, got up drove 35 mi. for a good breakfast, picked up 2 weeks worth of cigars, Home Depot for a couple of tools, liquor store for some good wine, 3 gun stores (nothing came home with me), a couple of lemon lots, my mechanic to check on one of cars (it's ok), and the bakery for next weeks bread and pastries.
    Now I have 3 days to drink some wine, smoke some cigars, drink some scotch, smoke some cigars, drink some rum, smoke some...get the idea?
    Grill some dead animal meat on the brand new grill!
    I'll get some shooting and gun cleaning in too.
    Was going to wax a couple of vehicles, but it's just too hot here. 2 done, 2 to go.

16. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

My wife and I are having an empty nest syndrome. Our daughter is staying with my in-laws this week but they will all be coming here for 3 weeks after. The rest of the summer break will be w/o her...but we will visit her every weekend (630 miles round trip :().

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Was at the doctor last Thursday and got a very bad lab report. The doctor said it did not look right and had it redone at a different lab. I have been sweating it out all weekend. Got the report back this morning and the 1st lab screwed up. I am good to go traveling this summer. I am back among the living.:D Now I have to figure out which guns to take with me. Also which fishing kayak to take.

18. opaww

opaww New Member

Had a good day at the range, other then that the only excitement I had was slicing Jalapenos for lunch and forgot to wash my hand off befor scratching my eye.

19. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I just ambushed and killed a damn pesky mole that's been tearing up my back yard. :cool:

Yup, ain't lost any hunting skills at all. :D

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is the wife's Sunday, she finally gave the husky a bath, after I left for the bike ride. I took off on the mountain bike, more road that sand and some heavy winds and blue skies. Temps in the 90's! Good ride for 16 miles, knee wrap feels like two sizes too small, knee swelling; basically, docs cannot do a thing and the surgery they want to do is experimental - NO WAY! I am not a lab rat!

I had orders from the wife upon my return - she wanted burgers on the grill! I followed orders, I did warm up the remaining Johnsonville Burger's and some dogs from yesterday. A nice flowing Paulaner Oktoberfest Mazon beer, add another. :D