Good Monday Morning.......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, May 9, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

How was your weekend and what's in store for you this coming week?

2. ki4dmh

ki4dmh New Member

Had a great weekend!! Took my 20 year old son to the range Sat. and destroyed some targets. Sunday was spent with my mom for mothers day. Next weekend will be less fun as I will need to catch up on this past weekends chores...lol
    Scott

3. winds-of-change

You know.....sometimes it's just worth it to skip the chores and have some fun. I do it all the time. :D

4. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Morning all, my weekend was spent working so Monday was my 'weekend'. I went to the beach this morning and just finished an amazing roast pork roll. The week ahead involves finishing off my last assignments for the semester :(

Have a good one guys (and gals :))

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Worked all last week, worked Saturday, went to church yesterday morning and spent most of the afternoon cutting and splitting firewood. Now, it's back to work today. It wasn't a bad weekend, just busy. New job is going well so I can't complain.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Weekend was great, it started last Wednesday.

Called in a long beard for a great friend Saturday, his first mature gobbler. :)

Tilled my garden site yesterday.

If the weather cooperates back to the turkey woods before work starting Wednesday. ;)

No turkey hunting on Monday & Tuesday in WI. :confused:

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Last weekend was ok I guess.

Saturday daughter again was the last person getting ready to leave for the game. Half the team showed up late. We did win the game.

Sunday the kids were off the damn chain. Whining complaining, and crying for no reason. Like Both my kids seen me starting to cook dinner then they decide to run off out side to play with the white trash kids down the street. Twenty minutes later I was eating dinner and they were no where to be found. I am sorry your 14 and he is 11 you don't have the common sense to see your dad cooking and say well maybe we should wait to go play with the WTK's. Then when they do come home 2 hours later they get pissed because I refuse to reheat their dinner for them.

Today is the start of HELL WEEK for me. I have to cram 3 weeks worth of work into 4 days. My wife is having surgery Wednesday I have to take that day off. She doesn't come home till Friday. SOL's start next Monday. I have to get 110 computers both Mac and PC ready to go by then. That is reimaging them testing each one to make sure the sound works and testing the network and taking 60 macbooks and setting them up with 24 port switches miles of cat5 cable and miles of power cables. I have to take over 3 classrooms 1 is the teachers lounge (I'm already taking flak for this) even though it is not my idea. I have to fine 60+ desks for the set up and I don't think I have that many desks.

8. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Today is the last day I work until the 26th!

Vacation, finally!

9. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

AHH vacation for me too,, finally

I have a ton of spring chores to do around the house, rake, mow, wash the outside of the house, and clean the garage.

But I have planned to shoot every day, I have 2k rounds of 22lr and plan to shoot at least 300-400 a day. Also picking up my new safe on Friday :D

10. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I'm right there with ya. There's a local IDPA match comming up and I am going shooting a least 5 times before the match.

11. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I have shot my Ruger 22/45 prob 2-3 times a week for the last month and a half and its doing remarkable things for my pistol shooting.

Good luck with the IDPA,, I am planning on trying one this year also

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Had a good weekend, went to the range yesterday to sight in the .223 and the .308 after swapping around scopes for the umpteenth time. I can't leave well enough alone.

Son came in from Austin for Mother's Day so that was good.

Then went for a swim (96 degrees here), fell asleep at the pool, and got a helluva sunburn.

But the biggest event of the weekend for me was the Mavericks' sweep of the Lakers!!!!!

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Still on the heal, but improving every day. Today I start my post-op physical fitness activity. God I've been bored! Nothing big, dog walking with emphasis on walking. Also I'm going to the range. WOOT!!! How good is that therapy?

I'm envious of all who spent time yesterday with their mom, some of us can't do that anymore!

Brett, tell Mrs. Tango she (and all the clan) are in my prayers.

14. hddave

hddave New Member

Went to the Kane Co. gun show with the wife then spent the afternoon building her Mothers day gift. A M4 carbine.

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Worked on Saturday.

Started Sunday with a trip to the rifle range. Later, our son and DIL came over to visit for a while.

Weather has gone from the mid '90s back down to about 50. Drizzly, windy, weird.

All in all a pretty nice weekend.

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

What a family, and in the Republk of Illinois no less! (see, they can't even spell Cane!)

Welcome to the FTF.

Jump over to the Introduction section and tell us more about yourself.

Welcome again, and enjoy your stay.

17. winds-of-change

Glad to hear you're healing well, Cane.

My prayers for Mrs. Tango, too.

Wait a minute!!! I'm in DeKalb County and I've never been to the Kane County gun show. When is their next one. And where do you go shooting?

18. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

My weekend was full of driving and I had a hard time waking up this morning. Must be getting old...used to do this weekly w/o feeling this way.

I am dreading the summer break (less than a month from now) since my daughter will stay with my in-laws and we will have to go visit (drive) every weekend. Aaargh!

19. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Well, saturday I went to the bar with my gf and my best friend who is on leave from the navy. Sunday went to my gf's grand parents house to celebrate mothers day for her mom and grandmother then came here and celebrated it for my mom. Today I'm going to get a new xbox after while, my old one has been nonfunctional for about 4 months. And tmo going with my buddy from the navy to help him pick out an ak to pick up if he can find one he likes. Then we are probably going to bring it back here and shoot the hell out of it. And wednesday is my birthday.

20. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Mondays are the end-of-work-week for me. So I guess you could call this my Friday.
    Going for a ride tomorrow, don't where to or how long. Just to get away for a while.

Tango, best wishes and prayers for the spouse.