Good Monday Morning........

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Mar 21, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

How was everyone's weekend and what plans do you have for the coming week? I had a lazy weekend listening to thunderstorms roll through the area. My week ahead is the same old stuff.....work.

Anything interesting happening for any of you?

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

We have snow this morning with mixed crap all day. Supposed to be like this again for Wednesday and Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Kinda limits my range time. :(

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Good Morning!

We are looking for temps in the 70's today. Had to be at work over the other people's weekend. Today is my Friday (Tuesday and Wednesday are my weekends).

Should be a good day to go for a ride.

4. Walley

Walley New Member

Had a little bay filly born yesterday morning and a sorrel stud colt last night. Mothers and kids doing fine but I am a little beat from lack of sleep. It was the mares first foals so I had to keep my eye on them.

5. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I'm turning in my CCW application this week, if I can get the sheriff on the phone. I've been trying to set up this appointment for almost 3 weeks now:mad:

Supposed to snow tue & wed.

Other than that, just another week of work.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Pretty good weekend. Spent time with the grandbaby and manned the grill at my son's home yesterday. Today is spouse's birthday and I scored tickets to the Prince concert in Columbia this evening...

7. winds-of-change

We need pictures, you know!

8. Car54

Car54 New Member

Spent the weekend weeding, planting new plants and flowers, mulching, and ringing the sprinkler heads.

This coming week, cleaning the house and prepping for the next month and a half's onslaught of family and/or friends coming in to escape the cold and snow.

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

They are playing in Charlotte on Thursday but my wife just looks at me funny when I mention going.

I'll be spending the day clearing out a patch of woods behind my parents house. After my mom's pack of weenie dogs destroyed her back yard chasing a mole she's decided to build them a play area.

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Happy Monday Y'all

Quiet weekend mostly due to cold rain and whipping winds. It was nice on Friday night and the moon was at it's closest to earth in like 12 years. So we set up the telescope I hardly ever use and did some lunar surfing. Very cool. Did brave the weather to meet M14 at the range to scope in a rifle. And took the lady out to her favorite BBQ place Saturday evening.
    This week have to start getting ready for a camp-out shoot-out on the first.

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really.

At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

12. winds-of-change

All righty, then.............enjoy the week. Say "hi" to minime on my behalf, would you?

Lon, have I ever mentioned that you scare me?

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Many times, and that's okay.

I'm actually quite normal.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Today is Day 3 of my body being held hostage by Master Cleanse / Fast thanks to my woman and her minions.

I have had one solid meal, out of protest and phsychological need on Sunday afternoon, but other than that it's been all liquid ( no booze Dave, I am sorry to say ) since Saturday morning.

This belief that you will suddenly feel spritely and like a teenager again because the cayenne and maple syrup are fulfilling any nutrional needs and the salt water cleanse is removing toxins from your mistreated body at the rate of a firehose on high pressure is a bunch of BS. :mad:

I feel like I could sleep 20 hours straight, which is up from my normal 10 hour request.

I have consumed the approximate quantity of water found in Lake Minnetonka. If I didn't hate the 'taste' of water before, this has officially cemented it firmly into my DNA.

On the bright side I am down over 5 pounds, though I am sure the 5 that I lost were probably equal parts energy, intelligence and Alpha Male. :eek:

People actually do this for 10 days straight? No wonder the Muslims are so pissed all the time. This whole "fasting" thing was designed by a degenerate sheep fondler!!

15. Car54

Car54 New Member

Darn, I thought this was the start of a letter to Dear Abby not a biography.

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

And you're doing this just for weight loss or for other reasons as well?

17. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I forgot to mention one exiting item of the weekend. On Friday night the girlfriend came to me to say "honey, can we talk".(never a good start) So she says she was reading an article on relationships and wanted to "tell me of her needs". After listening politely I said honey I have my own needs. I need to to stop reading these stupid articles.

And then the fight started. :eek:

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nah, I am good on weight loss and diet control. I am doing this as a show of support for my woman while she joins her minions at work doing it.

I can't be the unsupporting other half and be eating steaming hot meals twice a day in front of her while she is drinking lemon juice/maple syrup/cayenne pepper and lots of water. :eek:

19. winds-of-change

I'd be doing that when I wasn't in her presence. :D

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hey JD, you blown your colon yet?