Good M-14,M1A recoil buffers on ebay...

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by m72law, Apr 13, 2009.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

i found a killer deal on m14,m1a recoil buffers last week on ebay...
    i took a chance and bought one of these buffers and when it arrived today,i threw it into my polytech and blasted away with about 500+rds and the buffer still looked new...it says the buffers are made out of viton usa material and what ever that is it works....the buffer only cost 15.00bucks with free shipping!...i've tried advanced technologies products and they dont seem to hold up...maybe i just got a bad ones?...who ever this is selling them i hope they make some for other types of firearms...figured i'd let some of yall know....keep safe!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I've been using the Buffer Technologies buffer, in conjunction with the Tubbs/Superior Shooting Systems chrome silicon springs. And this combo leaves my empty brass about 18" away in a nice little pile, with every rifle.

3. fragout

fragout New Member

I had similar results (not so good) using Advanced Tech buffers through my M14 types, and quit using them altogether, but it appears that all buffers are not built alike. I may give them a try.

M14sRock...... Where did you purchase your springs from? How do they hold up compared to GI springs?

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

A USGI recoil spring is rated for 5,000 cycles. The Superior Shooting Syst chrome sil springs are rated for 500,000 cycles.

All of my rifles now wear chrome silicon springs.

My LRB M25 has about 1,000 rds through it since adding the shok buff. No signs of wear or damage to the buffer at all.

5. fragout

fragout New Member

Thanks for the info on the buffers and springs guys.

6. m72law

m72law New Member

wolf springs any good?...im thinking of buying a few to put back in case of hard times..or what ever? heck for just 13.99 a pop...cant go to wrong,& i ve heard pretty good things about wolf products...

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Late response. Oops. Wolf springs are excellent, but the Tubbs will last longer.

8. m72law

m72law New Member

i just bought 2 new original USGI m14 recoil springs from numrich for less than 7 bucks a pop!....sound like a good deal to me..how does the original springs hold up?...is it just me or does it seems like numrich website gets iffy trying to find things on theyre website?....:confused:

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Probably excellent springs. Were they new, or used? If used, you won't know how many rds went through them.

The Numrich site will test anyone's patience.

10. m72law

m72law New Member

it said in the description they where unissued new usgi m14 op.rod spring...no picture...i took a chance?...

they came in a clear ziplock like baggie....kinda wondering myself if they are original because there is no traces of grease or oils on the springs...

i thought most any type of original parts would be coated with something?

i havent had time to try one out...but i must say it feels alot better (more tension) then the one in my polytech...

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Should be fine. Keep an eye on them and when you start to feel them softening up, change them out again.