Good Luck, TX.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gorknoids, Sep 12, 2008.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Looks like the next day or so is going to be legendary.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Here's to hoping it's nothing they haven't weathered easily before. Hang tough, Texas. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

a 57 mile wide EYE of this big bugger?!?!? That's CRAZY!!:eek:

For those who used to watch In Living Color there was a funny bit that Jim Carrey used to do that ended with:

"Hit me again Ike - and this time put some STANK on it!"

Probably in poor taste, but that came to me out of nowhere about two days ago....

I feel for the good folks of Texas and hope all goes well for them in the upcoming hours ahead...

JD

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Thanks,

We've been here before! Around midnight tonight IKE will decend on Galveston with CAT 2 force and a 25 foot surge of water. The problem is, some of the highest points of Galveston aren't but 12 feet. OOOOPS...

40% of the people decided to ride out the storm, that was stupid.

Our shelters in the DFW area are filling up FAST, and we will be hit with a diminished IKE but tons of rain, and high winds. It's going to be interesting for the next 24 hours...

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Man Mark, Sorry about that comment bro. :eek:

I sincerely hope you and yours escape unscathed.

Best of luck brother!

JD

6. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

If Mother Nature was a real person with all of her destructive powers all of the worlds armies would all bow in awe and subservience to her .

7. user4

user4 New Member

What? Are you a druid now?

8. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

What I posted was intended to be sort of a philosophical
    way to compare the destructive power of Nature vs Man .

I doubt anyone would find it offensive .

People are losing their homes , businesses and perhaps their lives due to this powerful Hurricane hitting Texas which is about as serious as it gets and you come in here with a Smart azz comment intending to drag a disagreement between us into this thread .

You're one sick immature individual Ineffable , you know that ?

9. user4

user4 New Member

Actually, I am a Texan on the brink if this killer storm and offends me that some fruit cup denies the existence of God, yet talks about mother nature as a person. Try to be a little sensitive. Texans are proud of their God and guns. I apologize if that hurts your feelings. Just trying to lighten the mood.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  10. Mark F

We'll be just fine, thanks JD

11. Mark F

Ike made land fall in Galveston Bay late last night and it was rough. I haven't heard much about damage & flooding this morning. Ike hit Houston about 3:00am and it is still packing CAT 2 winds at 110MPH. We are in Ike's cross-hairs scheduled somewhere around 2:00pm. We are hoping it will be down-graded to a Tropical Storm by the time it arrives... not likely though. The really good news is, Ike is traveling North East so we won't get a head-on impact. Probably nothing more than 4" an hour rains and winds to 50MPH. I'm OK with that.

12. user4

user4 New Member

Man...and gas prices rose nearly 40 cents a gallon just over night. Paid 3.33 in NRH just two days ago. It went up 10 cents a gallon between this morning and noon. Shisters.

13. Mark F

All's well, that ends well. At least for us anyway.

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My parents and brother rode it out in NW Houston. No power but no real damage there. We did not even get any much needed rain in Austin, but we did inherit about 25,000 evacuees. As of Monday night we were closing most shelters and consolidating evacs into 2 long term shelters. Hopefully they will turn out to be a better class of evacuees than we got from Katrina. That turned out to be a real real boon to the criminal justice industry.

15. Mark F

I hope you're right.
    It seems like we took a big jump in crime after Katrina. I'm fairly certain there's still some Katrina evacuees here...

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Seems FEMA is fashionably late again with supplies according to some Officials in the Metro area. Signs all over Austin "Do not drive to Houston. No fuel."