Good leg holster for compact 1911

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by bungiex8e8, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

Bought a kimber compact stainless 2 today and was looking at leg holsters but im not sure what would be a good choice for something like this never bought one before and didnt want to spend money on one and get junk, Any help would be awsome. Its a kimber 1911 compact stainless 2

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You talking about a thigh rig?

Why would you want to put a compact 1911 in an open carry holster? The whole purpose of the compact is concealment.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

You talking about an ankle holster?

Even as a compact, any 1911 would be a bit hefty for an ankle rig.

TACK

4. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

no im getting a concealment holster to the leg holster or thigh holster for being out in the woods.

5. bungiex8e8

bungiex8e8 New Member

i mean im getting a belt holster and a leg holster

6. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Ahh, that makes more sense.

Regarding the leg holster, I assume you mean a tactical thigh holster with which I have no experience. I'd suggest Googling Black Hawk or any of the other Tactical gear suppliers for this.

On the belt holster, if it's for out door "in the woods" use, I'd suggest going with a cross draw rig. The full holster type that completely covers the muzzle and at a minimum has a very secure thumb break.

I personally carry a 3" S&W Model 629 .44 Mag while deer hunting in Eastern WA State, mainly because I choose to hunt deer with a single shot rifle and don't like the idea of going anywhere with JUST a single shot. Hell, I won't go to the mall with just a single shot but I digress.

I like the cross draw belt rig because it allows me to carry a fanny pack, back pack, or pack board without impeding my access to the sidearm.

A strong side holster would be very tough to get to while carrying any sort of pack.

TACK

7. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Crossdraw holster....bad for so-called "tacticool operations"....but for an outdoor holster...they are hard to beat. I carry my 5" Model 57 .41 Mag in a crossdraw rig when I am hunting or riding my horse. Easy to pack and get to if you need it.