Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to carry compact but recently I want to carry my m&p9 or possibly even 1911. Any recommendations for a holster that'll keep the gun from dragging my pants down?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Crossbreed or something similar. Something with adjustable cant will be very heppfull in carrying a gun with a full length grip. I need at least a button down shirt to conceal a full size pistol but that is just me.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is with the way my hip is shaped the grip sticks outward too. Don't quite understand why. I wish there was a way to try holsters before you buy them.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well if you are carrying iwb, you might want to try to get the gun as deep into your waistband as possible. This might keep the grip closer to you. The crossbreed allows you to adjust the height. Also, if you don't have a good gun belt, you might look into one. They can make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
I tend to carry compact but recently I want to carry my m&p9 or possibly even 1911. Any recommendations for a holster that'll keep the gun from dragging my pants down?
I got a Blackhawk pancake holster for my full size M&P and it is working very well for me.:cool:
I am 170 lbs and 6 feet tall.

·
Registered
544 Posts
potentialglock said:
I have but I need one that passes as a casual belt. Most gun belts I see are like para military looking
If you have a little disposable income, most gun leather companies make "dress belts" that are thick, high quality leather but cost as much as a holster. Any rigid multi layer belt will help even if it isn't marketed as a "gun belt"

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanna focus on the holster for now. I need something that tuck low into my waistband but I still want the grip easily accessible. I.E. I don't want the grip under my waistband.

·
Registered
544 Posts
image-2907459321.jpg

You can see that with it set this way, a little kydex is above the belt line. The clips can come up about an inch putting the gun deeper in the waistline but not so deep that the grip is beneath your belt. Also, you can adjust just one clip (as I have done) to cant the grip forward which helps prevent the shark fin.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
It also comes with the "combat cut" option if you'd like a bit more grip exposed with less leather backing... some say there's a trade-off in comfort, but if you need better access, it is an option.

I have the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe for my XD-40 service, and I couldn't be happier.

You might even try a 2:30 position, too, to accommodate your grip problem. Between location on the belt, height and cant adjustment I would think you will find a combination that works.

I second the "get a good gun belt" advise. It makes more difference that you might imagine - and they don't have to look tactical - or "tacti-cool" either.

For example:

http://thebeltman.net/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts