Good inexpensive ammo

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 4sig, May 22, 2012.

1. 4sig

4sig New Member

Hats a good inexpensive range ammo for a 9mm Sig P226? I'm using Speer Lawman 115 grain now which I bought of SGAmmo for about $10.50/50. Very dirty ammo.

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

If you find any ammo that is not dirty could you please let me know so I can get some. I shoot TulAmmo 9mm FMJ at $9.00 for 50 rounds and have to clean my gun when I am done.

3. 4sig

4sig New Member

I clean my guns after every range session and enjoy cleaning almost as much as shooting. Was just looking for options if anyone has thoughts. Thanks for the response

4. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

I can get cheap federal and Winchester for 11.00ish and 12.00ish per 50 from Walmart. Not as cheap as the tulammo stuff. But it's not as dirty either. I shoot all 3 kinds through my p229 but I clean after every trip to the range and once a
    week without a range trip anyway. I figure if I'm gonna trust my life to it I want it to work flawlessly.

5. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Convert it to 22 and every now and then shoot 50 rounds of the native caliber. You'll get a feel for the gun and for the recoil at a fraction of the price.

6. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Not there's much in the first place.

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

I also shoot TulAmmo and Herter's... Got a couple buddies who refuse to put steel cased through their Glocks but my Ruger eats that stuff like its starving!!! No hiccups in over 2k rounds! I have shot anything that I didn't want to clean afterwards... Even high dollar stuff still has to burn...

8. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

check out Freedom Munitions 9.95 per box of 50

9. 4sig

4sig New Member

What make ammo.

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Sometimes you can find Blazer for a good price. Blazer aluminum case is great for plinking.

I do not hesitate to shoot Tula or Wolf in any of my firearms. If you can't/won't shoot steel case ammo, better take up reloading or win the lottery.

11. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I guess you'll need to clarify by what "good" means to you. If we are talking strictly plinking ammo, "good" to me means the ammo goes "bang" when I pull the trigger. But if you're talking good as in accuracy, that's a different story. Pretty much any inexpensive ammo is going to be dirty. Just the nature of the beast. Want cheap, clean, more accurate ammo? RELOAD!

12. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Freedommunitions.com check them out getting my second order of 250 for my 9mm and my .45 great customer service too

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have shot Blazer aluminum cased ammo, too. Never had a problem with it.

14. dempsey77

dempsey77 New Member

I shoot the federal ammo from Walmart through my 9mm. I like it the best.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I always get the winchester white box or the federal. Both have worked very well

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

^^^^^
    Same here, never had any issue. I pay 36 for 100 rounds 45 acp.

17. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Generally I steer clear of Remington UMC as well as the steel-cased Russian stuff...just my personal preference based on experience. Almost any other cheap brass-cased ball is fair game.

Federal Champion and Winchester "value packs" (WWB) are the easiest to find on the cheap at Wally Worlds. The Winchester is the hotter load of the two.

18. Transman

Transman New Member

I generally use reloaded ammo from Georgia Arms,for my practice ammo.I buy it 1000 rds.at a time.Good prices--230ball-340.00,115grn.9mm-230.00,165grn.40mm-260.00,and180grn.10mm-360.00.Never have had a problem with their stuff.I don't pay shipping cause their just down the road!They also carry a variety of 460 Rowland too.