Good God prices are falling quick

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ccase39, May 28, 2013.

1. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Just got back from shooting at the local gun store and saw several quality rifles priced cheap. Bushmaster was like 750, a RRA for 825, Colt for 750, and a couple of others priced well below the 1000 dollar mark. I don't know the models but the RRA had a free float and the bushmaster came with a scope. Good to see. I was going to buy another or build but I think I will wait.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thank G-D they are!

I saw a Masterpiece Arms MAC 10 copy semi with 16" barrel for $549!! If i didn't just Buy 3 kel-tec's last week(.22Mag PMR-30, .22Mag RMR 30 & .9mm SUB-2000 carbine) i'd grab it! carried a Full Auto MAC-10 w/Conversion kit for Uncle Sam...:cool:

3. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I wish bullets and powder would get back on the shelves. I can't find Clays powder anywhere. Last gun show I went to the guys wanted $49 for 1 pound

4. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

I saw some pretty decent deals on powders in a catalog I got from Natchez arms and outdoor that came with some ammo I got.

5. redhorse99

redhorse99 New Member

local wal-mart had the DPMS oracle for $619. doesn't have forward assist though.

6. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Glanced at the AR wall at my local Shoot Straight and prices seemed normal and the wall was full.

7. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Hopefully, ammo will follow.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

yeah ammo will follow. Man think about those people that bought 2K ARs that are now selling for 800.

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

"There's no crying allowed in baseball" or firearm/ammo/accessory buying either. :D

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  10. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Not to jinx it - but I can't fathom why this is happening. We are not out of the woods yet by any stretch given that the 2A has been raped in NY, CO, MD, CT, heard maybe MO and WA too.

Good to be an AR buyer these days...

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

People fear a ban less then they did. And some makers are starting to catch up on orders. Supply goes up and price goes down.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Now....if only ammo, barrels, and bcgs will drop....

I wonder how all the people with $75 pmags are doing right now......:rolleyes:

13. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Yea I imagine they pushed production into overdrive. Now the market is slowing down and they have found that they may have a surplus on their hands if they don't drop prices now before people completely stop panicking. I work in the food service business and believe it or not it happens the same way with food. Its about to happen with chicken right now, you better buy because chicken is going to be triple what it was.

14. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Im pissed off I spent 900 on a Bushmaster.

15. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

About the same as those who have to run out and buy the newest biggest tv and then a year later they are far less than half the price. :eek:

16. carnestopher

carnestopher New Member

I'm glad I didn't give in to the panic. There were a few times I almost jumped on "deals" that I knew we're insane. I'm just lucky that I had enough supply and stumbled on pre-scare ammo prices from time to time.

17. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I'm gonna go on the record and say that ammo will be back within a month, if not then there is something going on

18. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I thought about unloading my M&P 15 back in Feb but decided to hold. I've accumulated about 10 30rd mags without paying more than $20. My powder, primer and bulet supply has been good. Luckily I've had a great reloading source when others have been dry.

AR and mag prices are definately falling. Almost back to prepanic prices. Now to find some CCI Mini-mags and I'm good. Might put in about 10,000 rounds of bulk .22 once supply is good again.

19. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I was at a LGS earlier that has a ****load of ammo. They were limiting it to people who bought a gun but now are selling one box a day at good prices. Picked up a box of brass .45 for $21.99. Some ******* in front of me was shocked at the price they charged for .22LR which was 18.99 for 325 rds of Federal. I told the guy that was the best price on 22LR he would find. He thinks he's just gonna go to Wally World. Some people are just ignorant.