Good Fortune, a Hi Power

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Sonic82, May 20, 2012.

1. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Well my Father gave this jewel to me today. It's in 'near new' or 'pristine' condition in my estimation. It's a 71C series, which means manufactured in 1971 and 100% Belgium. If I'm wrong on that....please correct me. Like I say, I'm pretty fortunate.

[​IMG]

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Very Nice Sonic!

I feel like the 4th grader shouting "you lucky duck!" because your secret docoder ring arrived before mine.:p

Looks like a beautiful piece and coming from your dad makes it invaluable.

Tack

3. GunSavvyTeen

GunSavvyTeen New Member

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

ok...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Dang thats sharp. Awesome gun.

6. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

Awesome gun.
    and a piece of history.

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Thanks...I almost feel embaraased for such a fine gift. This is the second firearm gift I've recieved this year....oh well, I'll carry on :)

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

That's a sharp looking gift.

The BHP is the AR15 of the pistol world. They'll make almost anyone look like a competent shooter, chicks dig 'em, and they aren't bad to look at either. Maybe the most widely issued service pistol in the history of planet Earth...OK, honestly I'm not sure about that "fact"...but I'd imagine if it's not #1, it's damn close.

Enjoy.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Wanna trade families?

Nice looking 1911.

10. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

You must have missed it Ben. It;s a Browning Hi Power....does look a little like a 1911...especially the first pic.

11. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Keep it stock and it will go a long ways. The only thing I would do is respring it with Wolff springs.

If your going to carry it I might suggest the Cylinder and Slide Thumb safety.

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I don't know what I'm going to do with it JohnJak. They are a blued gun, so they require more care then modern pistols. It might wind up a safe queen. Do you know..or anyone else know if this is the era that doesn't feed hollow points well? I know not to use +P ammo in it. How about any other characteristics I should know about it? Any info is welcome. Sweeper22 says chicks dig 'em...I had know idea....welcome news indeed :)

13. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I would ask Cane. He can tell you everything you need to know.

14. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

I have no problems feeding hollow points. Make sure ramp is polished.

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Is yours a modern model? Because I believe the Hollow Point issue was fixed with the newer ones. It's the older or original models that have the problem.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  16. jyo

jyo New Member

Over the decades, I've been fortunate enough to have several P35s pass thru my hands---still have three---including a 69C series very much like yours. Awesome pistols---EVERYBODY should have at least one Hi Power in their collection!