Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Tackleberry1, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Here at FTF, I occasionally see comments like "if you don't trust me with a gun, I don't trust you with a bagde." Or the constant lamentation of the ridiculous hoop to jump through and cost to legally obtain full auto guns and suppressors.

Goose and Gander is a policy I've promoted for a couple of years now. It came to me after reading the full page add Ronie Barret took out in major CA newspapers following the Govonator signing into CA State law, a ban on civilian ownership of the .50 BMG rifle.

In short, Barret told all State and Federal LEO's that Federal law prevented him from knowingly doing business with criminals and since the ban was unconstitutional, the State Government of CA and any Federal Authorities within CA's borders were now criminal organization and as such could no longer receive sales or service from Barret Firearms Manufacturing. He also advised them that if they had property currently at Barret for service, they would need to come claim it, since he could not legally ship it back to them.

He then Promptly introduced the new Barret .419 cartridge that shoots farther and flatter than any .50 BMG so he could continue to serve his Barret enthusiasts within that state.

Barrets reaction to idiot legislators is exactly what the gun culture needs to survive. If civilian sportsman could not have his guns, then neither could cops. We should all applaud his conviction and support his products.

Those old enough to remember the Clinton years when the administration promised to shield manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits in exchange for industry self imposing regulations that the libtards could not get passed in congress should recall that Smith & Wesson, then owned by British holding company Tompkins Limited, was the only gun maker foolish enough to accept this false promise of safety and paid a heavy price. Distributors immediately dropped thier orders for S&W product and within 6 months Tompkings was forced to sell Smith & Wesson to Safety Lock, an American firm out of Texas, putting this Vaunted name in American manufacturing back in American hands.

What do the examples of Barret and S&W prove? They prove that manufacturers who understand where thier bread is buttered WILL back civilian gun owners over Government interests if they are interested in staying in business.

The Second Ammendment was not penned to protect our right to "sporting arms" or our right to hunt. It was written by men who had put their own treasure on the line and risked their lives to throw off the tyrants yoke. It was written to ensure that Americans would always retain the power to throw off this same yoke should they ever find themselves subjugated by a future Government.

This is why we must, each of us as individuals, cease doing business with firms that offer one level of performance to Government forces and another "less effective" level of performance to civilians.

No Government contract is worth loosing civilian sales, not when the split is 20/80 Govt dollars to civilian dollars.

If you live in CA and can only buy a Glock with the unnecessary safety switch, yet your local cop can have the real thing, then not only should you not be buying Glock, you should be writing old Gaston and telling his why! Pretty soon Cops would be shocked to learn that Glock would ONLY sell CA approved guns within the state be the customer civilian or LEO!

If you live in New York and can only have an AR with the gay *** fixed magazine, you should find out which AR company supplies your local LEO's and let write that builder, letting him know why you've decided to built your own rather than buying one of his complete rifles.

How long do we thing these laws would last if Cops were limited to 10 round mags because manufacturers would not sell them the Hi Caps? How long would these laws last if Cops could only get AR's with fixed magazines because that's all manufacturers would sell them?

How long would full auto prices start at 10k per rifle when the Army
    And Marine Corp oppened new cases of M4's that were Semi
    Auto only?

I'm guessing not very long...

Research your local gun laws, learn which companies are supplying cops with a level of performance that you, the lowly serf, can not own, AND WRITE THEM. guarantee we will see dozens of firms following Barrets example and refusing to do business with the criminal organizations that madquerade as our Government.

Tack

2. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

With all due respect and while I do agree with your opinions, some of the terminology you use, I do not. Using terms such as "Gay" and "Libtards" is not productive, being derogatory is not a viable political strategy and only serves to divide, inflame and ultimately push away those on the fence. If we retain our class even when the opposition does not, we will be much more likely to win the hearts and minds of those still in the middle and gain support for doing so.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

3. opaww

opaww New Member

After 40+ years of playing nice the fince sitters should of already made their choice as to where they stand. I am not here nor do I have a lot of time to baby sit or nursemaid the undesided along.

We have played nice and by their rules for far to long, it is time to get down and dirty

4. orangello

orangello New Member

If the fight against an over-reaching government was a stand-up, no sissies fight, there could be little doubt of the victory of liberty. Unfortunately, our over-reaching government is a whore, seducing the weak with the money/milk of her diseased boobs (money robbed from the successful) into a life of yoke-loving complacency; the fight will be more sober up than stand up.

You have a good idea.

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Wiebelhaus,

As opaw stated, we have remained respectful and fought the battle by thier rules for over 60 years despite our adversaries gleefully kicking us in the teeth with the most venomous and hateful lies they could think up all the while stating that in thier view, the end justified the means. With all due respect your platitude toward liberties enemies was shared by John McCain who subsequently handed the white house to our Kenyan in Chief...

Now, had this strategy been effective, if we had more firearm freedom now than we did in 1960, then I would agree with you. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The calm, polite manner in which our predecessors fought this war has led to a steady decline of not only gun rights, but liberty in general.

So while I respect your opinion, I must respectfully disagree and insist on calling a spade a spade.

Political Correctness - The notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end...

I'm sorry, but I've never seen a turd with a clean end.

Tack

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

good idea i will keep this in mind!

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I could not agree more. The 2nd Amendment is for the PEOPLE, not the Government or police. And Political Correct is neither political nor correct. Whatever happened to the old nursury rhyme "sticks and stones"?

8. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

That, sir, is freakin hilarious. I laughed until my sides hurt then laughed until some more until I was misty eyed.

Overall the goose/gander idea is brilliant. I've advocated voting with with our wallets for years now but the concept Ronnie Barret used was a stroke of free market genius. If we as free thinking men vote with our wallets within the free market system we can affect real demonstrable change in a hurry.

9. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I understand your point and it may very well be valid.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Thanks but I can't credit, the clear turd is actually a much longer quote from an Internet source whose name I don't recall.

Tack

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

B.O. picks up terds from the clean end all the time.

Maybe that's why we call him "B.O."...:confused:

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Does Holder have a clean end?:eek:

B.O. Really ought to drop the deuce...:D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

We can start this fall by throwing all the fence sitting pieces of crap who claim to support our 2nd Amendment rights but do nothing to support those rights out of congress.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Kind of like a busload of lawyers going off a cliff.

A good start...:cool:

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Great idea if it only takes hold. How can we get the word out to all gun owners? Or more importantly future gun buyers?

16. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Every newb popping in for advice on there first gun purchase should get a link to this threat so they can consider the idea and decide for themselves.

Every member who spends time on other gun blogs should feel free to link this thread or propose it themselves there.

Even better would be if NOTDKU agrees, making it an official position of FTF, but I'd understand that position may impact some advertising dollars.

Tack

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Maybe make it a Sticky?

18. tCan

tCan Active Member

I am in support of this idea. We'll do it the American way. We'll shove the tyranny right back into the hole it came out of using a little bit of old fashioned capitalism!

19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

absolutely! vote of the wallet. i agree with Tack on his posting and think that the vote using your wallet has much power in it. big companies may not listen to our opinions, but they damn sure listen to money we spend!

another thing is, if i know that a business is anti gun for a fact, i personally will not do business with them, and will do it elsewhere.

20. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

Tack's quote goes in it's entirety as follows. I have this posted prominantly on my desk in my FFL office.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupluous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".

While his belief and proposal to follow Barrett's lead is sound, unfortunately, unless a large number of citizens follow the lead, it will not bear the fruit that we would like it to do. The issue is much wider than just firearm manufacturers. Look at the automotive industry, though some of Tacks' principle has already been followed. Ford refused to buy in to the bailouts and instead went ahead and changed their business model internally all on their own. I know of people that have switched brands as they want nothing to do with GM and Chrysler as a result. Good for them! Not enough of new car buyers have done this to make a major difference, however. Way too many manufacturers caved in to having multi lingual packaging. We're supposed to have a national language. There's more, but it's too early in the am for me to get on my soap box. You guys get my drift, however.

Until enough US citizens get on their boxes and say enough is enough for all of the infringements on our rights and our birthrights as US citizens as a whole, it will continue unabated, all of it. We have let the vocal minority take power in our nation. It's time for the majority to take it back, ALL of it! Talking the talk about it in town hall meetings, on TV, and on the internet isn't enough. It's way past time to start walking the walk.