Good desert shooting locations outside of Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Nevada Gun Forum' started by GentileGent21, Mar 7, 2012.

1. GentileGent21

GentileGent21 New Member

Ok I know some might not want to give up the locations of their favorite desert shooting spots in Vegas...so if your willing to share I'd love to hear them ;-) I recently went shooting in Cold Creek which was a good time.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Try the range between pahrump amd vegas....if its even still there that is.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. chewchew

chewchew New Member

If you live in South Vegas, you're close to the best shooting range there is, 4610 Blue Diamond road out toward the mine. You'll find some competitive shooters there.
    If you live out toward North Vegas, go out Craig road east past where the old race track used to be and there all kinds of canyons . Take your targets because there's nothing out there. Nobody cares if you shoot there.
    There is and indoor pistol range on Tropicana but I can't think of the name of it . Look in the phonebook.
    I have a condo at lake Las Vegas, but I've not been out there since last Sept.

4. mes227

mes227 New Member

Someone posted a Google Map with Southern Nevada shooting locations. I think you can find this on the Nevada Shooters forum.

5. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

If you find the link, post it here..

6. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

About a year and half ago we started going to Apex again. Take 15 N to 93 N towards Alamo. Go past the power plants and around the big bend in the road until you see a break in the fence. There are actually markers telling you how far from the road you are and signs banning four wheelers. Metro no longer hassles you there. I guess they finally realised they have no jurisdiction on federal land.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

You can also go out to sloan and on the opposite end of boulder city down the I-515 you leave the jurisdiction (according to a guy i know, no need to argue with me) of boulder police after the solar plant, mountains on the right and left are good a few miles out.

8. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

I have shot at Apex since 1999. During the week, you will be by yourself. Weekends there can be a few others there. Please don't be a pig and clean up your targets. That is my only grip, is it looks like a trash dump, because people leave there shot up TV's etc. there.

9. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Anyone know a location to set up a clay thrower and have some fun?

10. tauruspt92

tauruspt92 New Member

How do u get to this location?

11. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Read pipe mans post, 4 up from yours

12. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Last time I was in the area.
    There was a pretty nice commerical range way out on
    West Charleston.

13. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

Anyone ever go shooting in indian springs?

14. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

No. Where?

15. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

Indian springs, its like 30 minutes north outside of las vegas

16. Noblestar

Noblestar New Member

17. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

However, it says Apex is disallowed. The area that I spoke about is north of Apex about 12 miles. So you can shoot there. If you take Las Vegas BLVD north out of the city untill the road gets to a big berm just before a huge power substation, you can shoot there. Plus you can shoot on the west side of the dry lake there, but backdrops are minimal there. I have had metro police check me at these sites. They are fine with shooting there as long as you are safe, have no illegal weapons, and pick up your trash, targets, and casings. Which most people don't do, and reflects poorly on us who do it right.