Good deal??

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by trevor_atkinson, Aug 6, 2013.

1. trevor_atkinson

trevor_atkinson New Member

image-1644111398.jpg

I need Advise seems nice to me but its from big 5 so I'm not sure! Thanks!!

2. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Some will say that the 770 is nice for a first gun, but I will tell you to steer clear. A savage axis or marlin x7 or a ruger American would be way better.

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Concur. Also keep eyes open for used stuff.

4. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

It will shoot. It might be accurate or it might not. You will get better over all quality with the Ruger American, Savage Axis, Marlin XR/XL7.

5. godale

godale New Member

for that amount of money there are better choices. now if it was 200 that would be different . but allot of people would even disagree with that:(

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I wouldn't take a Remington 770 if it was given to me,they are a complete junk rifle. Don't waste your money on one.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

770 have had a bad rep, lately.

There's a lot of better stuff out there.

8. phideaux

phideaux Active Member Supporter

^^^^^^^^^ Yep
    What he said.

Jim

9. tenwheeler

tenwheeler New Member

I am a Remington man but I bought a 770 for my sons first deer rifle and it was crap. I sold it and bought the Ruger American in .243 and that is a dandy little rifle.

10. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Paid 300 for my .270 and never had a problem with it. Alot of these people seem to have problems with sticky bolts and such. Mine was never an issue. Stock scope isn't the greatest either. But for $300 I think I got a good rifle. Not saying its the greatest out there and I probably could have found an American for that price but oh well.

11. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Can you give some specifics regarding accuracy?

12. kaido

kaido New Member

I've got a 770 and I enjoy it. With factory ammunition I can get just under MOA, with reloads I can get a little under 1/2 MOA. Do I like my rifle, of course I do. I've had it for a little over a year and some now.

Do I recommend picking up one? That's entirely up to you right now. Mine was honestly an impulse buy so I didn't waste a 5 hour round trip. If I had known all the issues people have with it, I honestly don't think I would of boughten it. I'm glad I did though, got my first and second coyote with it.

13. tenwheeler

tenwheeler New Member

I had issues with my bolt sticking and I could never shoot less than a 3-3 1/2" group at 100 yds.

14. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

On the American?

15. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

No way he's talking about the American

16. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

That's what I thought, I was taken back for a second.

17. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

It has been rumored to have problems sometimes and is considered low quality by many....Go with Savage

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbizDZq5rug[/ame]

18. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I know when he said sticky he meant the 770. That's all I ever here when I say that. Then I say here pop mine on back and it's like a different story

19. BVAL

BVAL New Member

Have two buddy's that bought the 770's, because of the price,,,,,,, one traded it off in less than a year, the other is not his go to rifle. He leaves it behind the truck seat as a backup camp gun. I'm with the rest of the group here,,,,,,, check into some used rifles, or new ones that were spoken about before. I spent I think for a Savage 110 in 270win all for $300.00 + They can be found, ya just gotta look. By the way that Savage 110 shot under an inch @ 100 yards.

20. tenwheeler

tenwheeler New Member

No sir! That was the 770. The only complaint @ the American so far is the stinking price of that second magazine I want.