Good deal?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Gert999, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Think i'm getting a good deal just thought i'd ask your guys opinion on it. Friend of mine ran into some trouble so he's selling me his gun so law don't take it. It's a newer model browning hi power. He's selling for $400 from what i've seen they're around $600 not too sure though. Thanx guys have a good week

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds decent but without knowing condition can't be sure. Make sure the transfer is legal.

3. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

In decent condtion think he's only shot it a few time hell i hand to clean it for him lol. And as long as we get it done before he goes to court should be legal

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds like a decent deal to me. I'm sure it will help him out too.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sounds fair to me-
    As long as he's not already a convicted felon no legal problems shud ever arise.

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

An excellent used BHP can command about $700. They're about $900 new.

7. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

cool thanx guys

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Gert, your buddy liquidating assets may not protect him but get him and YOU into some issues. You may not be immune from the orders of the court as a party to his activity. Just lettin' ya know...

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

What he said ^^^^
    This could come back to bite you. I'd do it though. I can take a risk like that, it's my call. I wouldn't advise anyone else to do it though.

10. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thats a heck of a deal. Do it and enjoy. If not I will take it. :)

11. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Lol thanks for the concern guys, Checked with him seems it's mostly his paranoia. He got into a bar fight and got arrested thinks if he gets put on probation they'd take it. I picked it up today didn't even realize he had extras.
    got two reg mag's an extended mag, 50 fmj rounds, and 50 hollow points :D

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wow, I world have just held onto it for him until he sees how it would work out. If he's in the clear to own guns, are you going to sell it back to him for the same price? That's just the friendly thing to do...

13. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Ya if he gets off in court or it doesn't get bad and he wants to buy it back i will sell back prolly minus the ammo :cool: I tried to tell him he's overreacting but he doesn't listen to logic :confused:

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why do I feel we're not hearing the "rest of the story" to this Good Deal?

Just why would the Law want to take it from him? Did he brandish the gun during the bar fight?

15. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

he's been in trouble before barley got his foid card. He thinks they'll revoke it if he gets convicted

16. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

Now i got the half/ass bad/good news. Looks like I didn't get a new gun after all the wife laid claim to it lol

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I think you're better off with that outcome.

18. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Trip and Cane are right. No court is gonna take a gun away from an angry housewife.