Good bowie?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Kenney, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Kenney

Kenney New Member

There's just too many that make em. I'd prefer rubber grip and for the company to also make a utility fixed knife.

2. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

If you want top of the line I would honestly go with a hand made Damascus blade. Most manufactured bowies can't hold up I know I've broken quite a few over the last couple of years

3. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Check the following two sites:
    BudK.com
    CHKadels.com
    I get all of my knives from there and they have yet to fail me.

4. 75370

75370 New Member

I like my Mineral Mountain Bowie.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Be careful with budk. While they have some great deals they also sell junk. Just make sure you know what you're buying. Oh and there shipping policy is 'once it leaves the warehouse we aren't responsible'. They shipped a $300 order I placed to the wrong address (their mistake) and it got stolen. They basically told me to go screw.

6. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

just wait till you see the one I'm working on.....

7. Murfdog

Murfdog New Member

Broken?

You must be buying low end knives or your doing something with them there not made for.If you buy good and treat them right a knife should last a lifetime.

Murfdog.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

These are what i like!
    image-4026725503.jpg

image-310101924.jpg

image-2199114315.jpg

image-3811563700.jpg

10. culdee

culdee New Member

it all depends on how much you can afford to spend. Be careful of buying any cheap damascus blades because many of them are soft and won't hold an edge. I like bowies from Matt Lamey.

11. Highhawk8

Highhawk8 New Member

Check out Randall Made Knife in Orlando, Florida. Best in the world for me. I have used their #1,15,5,3. They also have traditional style Bowie knives.

12. culdee

culdee New Member

Randalls are excellent but you have to either wait 2-3 years for your order or pay the jacked up prices on the "Bay". Another option, solid but not pretty are Esee, or BKT, or mineral mountain as someone else said. I like the big Natchez bowie by cold steel but it is "big"

13. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

Given your criteria, i.e. a good bowie with a rubber handle, these are better than average and under $50.

The Condor Jungle Bowie.

Attached Files:

14. jyo

jyo New Member

The term "Bowie" covers a lot of ground---everything from very stylized, curved blades to simple large knives with modified spearpoint type blades. I prefer the latter---like a Cold Steel "Trailmaster" or the knife I choose to buy---a Fallkniven A2---you could kill a Buick with this thing! A real working knife---oh, yeah, it does have a rubber grip.