Gonna buy a Umarex MP5 .22LR

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by muscledom, Mar 19, 2013.

1. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Is there any reason I shouldn't? I've read that they're pretty reliable.

2. BWilder

BWilder New Member

i think they look better then the gsg's. if you like it and have money then why not by it! better then spending a couple grand on a 9mm version.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

4. dan01

dan01 New Member

I have about 5k rounds thru mine (HK MP5 SD)......I have a 4 reticle reflex sight on it zeroed to 25 yards......I love plinking with it and am good just shooting from the hip.........Everybody at the range can't believe it is just a 22.

No malfunctions so far.

5. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Awesome. I picked it up. Can't wait to go to the range.

6. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Should I use any specific ammo? The guy at the store suggested 1200fps+

7. artvez

artvez New Member

Mine loves CCI Mini mags

8. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

My buddy has one and, NO specific ammo is required, it will shoot just about anything.
    Now, he and I only shoot standard 22LR's. No subsonic/quiet or hypersonic ammo.
    But, I think as long as you stay away from subsonic/quiet ammo you'll be fine.

once the shortages are over with you can then decide which it likes best

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Pics or it never happened :D

10. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Just bought mine on Saturday 500 rounds so far no problems I love it just ordered 2 extra mags and I am looking at optics now also mine will even shoot the bulk 36 grain even though the salesperson said it wouldn't

Attached Files:

11. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Boom sucka lol

Attached Files:

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Very nice,
    just just get that stamp and it can look alot like this ;) only in a different caliber , This ones 9mm :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  13. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

You bastard lol is all you need a tax stamp? And how much do they run ?

14. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Also have the H&K MP5A5 and it has fired everything I've put in it.
    Good fun to shoot along with my Sig Sauer 522.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Tax stamps run $200 to the BATFE along with a 6 month wait, finger prints, photographs, and your local LEO to sign off on acknowledgement of what your building . , This one is paid for but Im still waiting on my stamp to come back before I can pick it up .

16. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Haha yea that's tits man. The dude that sold it to me said his friend had a real version of mine 9mm full auto. 16gs. **** that. I could have a 9 second mustang with another 16k lol. Wicked cool but not worth $16,000 IMO.

17. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

I love mine. I run CCI through it. I have heard of people having problems with the Remington bulk packs. Rails can be difficult for it. Cheap ones need some dremel work and good ones cost a pretty penny. I went the cheap route and added. Sightmark reflex to it

18. muscledom

muscledom New Member

Just left the range. Gun shoots awesome. Zero complaints. I had a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the iron sights. I'm hitting about 5" low from 50yds. I'm sure it's me.

19. longunner

longunner New Member

Nice gun! I was looking at a GSG before all the BS in New York rolled around. Needless to say it looks like I won't be getting one until I move to a more gun-fun state :D

20. msup752

msup752 New Member

I was looking at these types of 22's but none have threaded barrels so I got a Remington. I've handled and shot the GSG's and they are nice.
    Not as nice as a true full auto MP5 when I had access to one. Now I can only shoot one in my dreams.