Gone again ....!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Aug 26, 2016.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I just have to get away sometimes . I love the quiet , the trees , wild life , just like solotude . I spent four days out again and wanted to stay longer . Just can't do it enough ! Here's a little picture .

Attached Files:

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's what life is about. Glad you got out again.

3. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Well-Known Member

Can't live out in the middle of nowhere, born & raised in the big city, glad you're back Dango

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife irritates me sometimes too. :eek:

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If I could, I'd move to a remote part of the mountains and not come out.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Good trip, Dango. (One of your easier to read posts, too.;))

We all need to get out into the trees. I'd love to find a better natural remedy

for Poison Ivy, and stuff.

7. dango

Shall I elaborate ....? :D

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I have a hard enough time understanding you when you don't...

9. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Well-Known Member

Dango, I have no problem reading your post, they seem quite clear to me.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Be safe young man.

And return with your shield, or on it!

11. FTAdmin

FTAdmin Administrator Staff Member Admin

Very cool Dango! I envy you sir.

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

As do I. In my younger days, going on a backpacking trip into the mountains was my way of shedding the burdens of office and failing marriage, as well as following my ancestors' footsteps in those same mountains.

Enjoy your outing, Dango, and return with tales to tell!

13. dango

This one's for U Therewolf......LOL

This to elaborate , you know , details man , DETAILS .....:D
    As I found the perfect placement for my rather roomy four man Timber Line tent . As I'm sure you're curious as to what makes the "perfect foot-print" pertinent to my tent floor dimensions ?

The tent floor is - (76 inches wide by 102 inches long - inside height - 60 inches high) ! Or , would you prefer metrics ...? Back to the "foot-print" ......!

There is a very unique vegetation , linchen , that is very dense , soft and about an inch and a half or so high , makes an exceptional "muffy-soft" floor ! After removing any and all twigs , stones or any other uncomfies and as close to the tent floor dimensions "foot-print" , taking in account my view , what I want to see as my tent has rather generous awning over hangs so I can still leave the water proof doors open while just keeping the screen mesh doors zipped ! You know , keep out the creepy crawlers , but no obstruction to my view ?

Now , time to set up my storm awning , kitchen , camp chair , a place to hang out in foul weather ...! It's dimensions are (12 ft. by 10 ft.) , a fairly practical size for anything but the most wind driven rain and storms ....Eeeeek ...! In these extreme conditions , every guy-line is strung with heavy duty bungee chords , to lessen the extreme wind forces, to flex and give with the harsh blows that sometimes hit in extreme storms . I would not advise anyone NOT to absolutely use heavy duty bungees on every supporting line except the tent floor , the only rigid anchor on everything I set up !

Once upon a time , Canadian Rockies , 14,000 + ft altitude , wind gusts were sometimes off the scale of my wind speed gauge , wind speed , (don't ask) , wind-chill , again ,( don't ask) ...!
    I'm not trapped in my tent unless of course , EXTREME weather , witch to me starts at 60 + MPH winds , then , tent it is ! Not to worry though , the two of my best tents have storm vestibules , optional sheltered 10 square feet of floor space so I don't have to leave the comfort of my shelter and they are ambidextrous, opens on either left or right side witch makes perfect sense .

Now comes my decor , my 1/2 thick , closed cell foam sleeping pad , 28 inch wide , 72 inches long and insulating value of -10 degrees . This goes under my extra large , hooded mummy sleeping bag ! Very comfy and warm (sigh) ! Now comes my lighting !
    I use UCO spring loaded candle lanterns . Each candle burns approximately nine hours so I bring one candle per night depending on how many lanterns I bring .
    I find two lanterns in side the tent adiquate for reading my Steven King books very exciting literature to read in foul weather to scare the crap out of me !
    Eeeeek....:confused: :D. But I do LOVE IT .......!

Anyhow , this is the start of a very entertaining stay in the wilds ! We still have food , what stove or stoves to take , fuel for stoves , cloths , my weather and navigational gadgetry , what firearm I choose , binocks (8X20 zoom) , and the list goes on and on and on ............like water .....!

Fact is , many variables , season , expected weather , terrane , length of stay , distance from point A - B , everything I bring is well planned in advance and necessary, totally to the pleasurable experience I'm about to partake upon !

I won't bore yaul with any more details as I could easily right a very , very long tutorial , (Thick-azz-book) on the where's , what's , why's and how come's !
    :D I'll throw in a picture of the tent I used with the vestibule cause we did have some potential "EXTREME" rain and winds warnings at the time ! Eeeek ...!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  14. dango

I failed to mention....?

Yeah , I sort-a , kind-a failed to mention .......:eek:.....I muffed out , wussy uped ....ail ....had an ultra comfy air mattress ......? Hey , I'm getting old ..:D
    Another picture of ma camp , not quite completely set up yet , like no picture of my kitchen , storm tarp , inflate able gacuzy and ma inflatable love you long time doll .....! :D. LOL

That vestibule , gives me a place to cook so as not to trash the inside of my tent ! Also , you must be wondering , " ok big tough guy Dango , where do you pee in really foul weather , when you really don't want to get all dressed up ?"

Well , I cut a hole in one gallon plastic milk container leaving the handle part on it and dump it at my convenience.....! Now you know why I mainly solo it all the time ....? :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016