Gold & Ivory or Pearl Handmade Black Powder Pistols!

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by CHAMPION54, Nov 8, 2011.

1. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

I have a pair of old handmade black powder pistols that have tons of gold and hand carved pieces of ivory or pearl, I cant find info on these anywhere or know anybody that does, thats why I came here in hopes somebody can help me figure out what I have my hands on, I can post pics if this is of any interest to you or if you have a clue of what they are or what they might be worth.

The only story I have about these pistols is that they were found on a dead soldier in the middle east and brought back to the us by a soldier and given to my grandfather as a gift.

Thanks for taking time to read and any info would be great.

2. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Detailed pics always help!!!

play the victim, be the victim

3. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Yes Sir, I will try to get some on here right now. All I have is my cell for pics so ill try my best and check back in a few and I should have some on here.

4. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Here they are, They are not great quality but its all I can do at the moment.

Attached Files:

5. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

6. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

My brother had done two 1 year tours in Iraq and Afghanistan I sent him pics of the guns u have he said they are hard to find over there but not un seen he said those are some of the nicer ones he's seen. The amount of mother of pearl work is unbeleavable. He's supose to get on here later and look into them more! Are there any makers marks or anything on the pistols they are really great and would look awesome in a nice case on my mantel If u are looking to mail them to Arkansas to me. Lol.

play the victim, be the victim

7. orangello

orangello New Member

8. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Just 4 digit serial number.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I would think the triggers and trigger guards are probably brass, but the inlays are MOP, and likely gold. Whatever, I totally understand your interest in IDing them, but I'd just be happy as a pig in sh#* just to have them within sight. Obsofreakinglutely gorgeous. I have a thing for old stuff, even things that just look old.

10. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Trip I think the same thing, and im very lucky to have came accross them they are absoulutly GREAT.

11. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Bump, Still searching for answers and info about these pistols.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Man I've been looking, but I haven't found anything. It does look middle eastern though, reminds me of a musket an old Afghani used to like to shoot at me.

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I thing the metal inlay may be brass rather than gold. They're beautiful and obviously handmade. I think it may be possible to narrow them down to a region and possibly an approximate time period, but to identify them any more than than will be difficult. There are/were many gunmakers in the Middle East.

I think that the inlay pattern may be the best lead you have. Various tribal regions had favorite patterns.

14. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Yeah the man that gave them to my grandfather was in iraq when he found them, but I dont know what time period that was and even then who knows how old they might be.

15. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

Idk the inlay is different then the brass on the trigger and gaurds, Its different material but idk what else it could be. I might have to take them on pawn stars or american guns to have them identified lol because somebody has to have info on these somewhere and if not then they night be worth more if they are one of a kind considering the amazing pearl work and gold,

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Please keep us in the loop, this is a great gun mystery. :cool:

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Out of curiosity, do you have a down-the-barrel picture and description?

18. CHAMPION54

CHAMPION54 New Member

I do not, all I have to take pictures at the time is my cell phone and there is no flash.

19. rdstrain49

rdstrain49 New Member

I'm thinking they are Turkish

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

They would definitely appear to be, but many things over there show Turkish and Persian influences. That just makes it even harder.