Golani Rifle

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by WannaGator, Jun 16, 2011.

1. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

I was at Dick's Sporting Goods a few weeks ago.

In with the usual AKs & ARs was a folding stock Gail look alike.

If I remember correctly in the 1st Terminator movie didn't Awnold carry one of these?

Is this rifle better than the .45 ACP Hipoint rifle I was looking at( wouldn't the .223 be better for Hunting & Home Defense)?

Still looking for the 1 rifle for Hog Hunt'n,Home Defense and general knocking around the Back 40.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. erikthebald

erikthebald New Member

Ar-180

Here's a bit of firearms trivia for you.

Arnold carried the following in the first Terminator film.

UZI - 9mm
    1911 .45 (with the long slide)
    AR-180 (does look a bit like a Galil folder)
    SPAS 12
    Smith & Wesson Model 15

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

And don't forget;

The Phase Plasma Rifle in 40 watt range.

Armalite AR-18. Select fire version of the AR 180.

The Golani is (I believe) a product of Century Arms. A demstically produced receiver with Israeli parts from a Galil rifle.

Love the Galil. The monkeys at Century get some things right occasionally. I would take a chance on a monkey built Golani before I would buy a Hipoint anything.

Yes I am prepared for the flaming to begin ;)

4. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

If I remember correctly the .45 ACP was an AMT Longslide.

Never had a rifle (or pistol) in .223/5.56 MM Nato, is it cheapier to shoot than .45 ACP?

5. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Most all of those "golani" rifles are made by century international and you should be wary. I have heard those people described as drunken smith monkeys when horror stories were told of flash hinders falling off and parts breaking at random. I wouldn't touch one of those unless it was made by an IDF contractor.

Side note- .223 is about par with .45 ammo give or take depending on what your willing to run through your weapon.