Going to the Range today

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Jusselin, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

well, as soon as the wife gets out of the shower i will hop in....then i am taking the old bronco down to the police station and out to their range to shoot the dan wesson i will stay long enough to put roughly 300 rounds through her...or should i put more?

2. 995

995 New Member

Enjoy and be safe

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Sounds like a good time. Tell the wife to hurry up!! Hey, what kind of Bronco do you have?

4. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

i just bought this one a week ago from my brother, its a project for me but i am willing to dump in the money, maybe i can grab a cell phone pic later

1993 Ford broco , the tires alone just cost me $800 i was able to shave the front bumper a little bit and it cleared 33's :D

then next week some friends and i are taking its top off and bringing the seats to get re upholstered and then getting the inside sprayed with line-x....after its all put back together...then its off to the paint shop

5. spittinfire

Nice! I restore the early Broncos for a living.

6. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

so i imagine you know my pain on trying to get replacement seats and side panels for the inside right lol.....thats why i am spraying and re upholstering, i am also going to take its stock wheels and get them powder coated

7. spittinfire

I don't know much about the big body trucks. We only work on the 66-77's. Here is where I work, NICK'S TRIX ::: Early Bronco Restorations - Custom Fabrication - Ford Bronco 66-77

8. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

9. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

Range Report:

ok i am assuming this is a mag issue but the bullets would not load correctly quite a few times and i had to eject them and load the next one...also for the first 100 rounds, it seemed like i had to hit the slide release every 3rd round or so, it didn't shut on its own ,not sure what that was a bout, and about 200 rounds the slide stuck open completely and wouldn't shut....the slide release was all the way down too, i finally tapped it a few rough times and it shut, didn't give me a problem after that.....

in saying all that, the gun shot like a dream, very low recoil and accuracy pretty dead on here is a shot of 150 rounds in a target, i still prefer my colt over this dan wesson any day

can any one help me out with what my issues might have been on the slide? i stated when i bought the gun that the slide was hard to release in the first place (now she closes very smoothly, its not difficult at all to hit the slide release)

i am fixin to take her apart and clean her thoroughly

Attached Files:

10. DrJason

DrJason New Member

How far away was the target?

Was that the 1st 50, last 50, or ??????

What was the ammo, as that may be a cause of the load issues?

11. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

target was about 45 feet or so away, ammo was winchester 180 grain hollow points (if memory serves me correctly) it was the cheapest ammo they had there, i bought it specifically just to get the range sweat going that was the last 150 on that target

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

That's prett good shooting at 15ards for the first time out!! Those DW's are just awesome!! :eek:

13. DrJason

DrJason New Member

How long have you been shooting....maybe I misread something but I thought you said you were a bit of a newbie to shooting....because that is amazing shooting at 45 ft with a new gun

14. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

well my brother was a sniper in the marine corp for 8 years so he was there to help guide me :D you should have seen the first target though it looked ugly lol but i was proud enough of that on to post it

i really do appreciate the help you guys give as well, if any one has some info on what the deal was with the slide sticking and the ammo not loading right that would be appreciated as well, thanks guys

EDIT: i had my dad measure the distance for me and it was only 35 feet not 45, i was off by 10 :( sorry

15. DrJason

DrJason New Member

When most of the guys on here do a range report they show the good and bad.....lets see that 1st target

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Don't forget, Dr., those DW's shoot themselves. Especially when there is a feed problem. Feed problems help with the recoil anticipation and aid in sight alignment and acquisition. That way, you can put 150 rds thru a 2" hole.

17. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

i didnt even take a picture of it thats how bad it was, it had some good groupings in it but my brother told me i was looking at my target and not my sights so when i put a new target up and used his advice, well it came together pretty good.

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You're so bad ;)

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm taking my dad (for measuring) and my brother (for shooting tips) to my next range outing. :D

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I'm calling BS on this. I've kept my mouth shut for a while, but you're full of it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.