Firearms Talk banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts
One would think that with over 1800 acres of pristine woods available, they wouldn't be inclined to cross onto my meager 25 acres.
One would think so. i had a big time trespasser problem with an outfit from OK City that leased the 1,300 acres across the road. That place was mostly pasture with cattle. My 80 acres has grass five feet tall, small wooded plots, a big woods and lots of quail. Despite the no trespass signs i often caught hunters on the place. One trespasser was an OK City cop who gave me a ration of crap. i wrote a letter to his chief of police that cost him a promotion. Another was a lawyer.

Trapping is much more effective and you don't have to deal with strangers on your land.
Yes, trapping works well when the entire sounder is caught in a big corral trap. Proper corral traps with remote control door release and remote camera monitoring get expensive fast.

Portable traps catch a few hogs and the entire sounder becomes trap shy. For few years i've been dealing with trap shy hogs.

i shoot the sows and orphan the pigs. Then the pigs are picked off at feeders using a Ruger 10/.22 rifle.

One would think so. i had a big time trespasser problem with an outfit from OK City that leased the 1,300 acres across the road. That place was mostly pasture with cattle. My 80 acres has grass five feet tall, small wooded plots, a big woods and lots of quail. Despite the no trespass signs i often caught hunters on the place. One trespasser was an OK City cop who gave me a ration of crap. i wrote a letter to his chief of police that cost him a promotion. Another was a lawyer.
you would think such people would understand what a "No Trespassing" sign means!

Reactions: alsaqr
61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.