God Bless Cabalas!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Sniper03, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

HURRAY FOR CABELAS!

Cabelas withdraws all participation in the Sporting Goods and Trade Shows presented by Reed Exibitions Inc.. Many other retailers and smaller dealers are following suit!
    The reason Reed Exibitions advised Cabelas and others that they would no longer permit any ARs or other weapons catagorized by the (liberals) as assualt weapons or high capacity magazines to be displayed in their shows. So Cabelas a major player and superpower in the industry told them to SHOVE IT!
    They would no longer be supporting or attending any Reed Exhibitor Shows!
    God Bless Cabelas for standing up for all of us and our Constitutional Second Amendment Rights.
    Do as you will but if I see Reed Exhibitors name on any Sporting Goods Show, Weapons Trade Show or any other event. I will be BOYCOTTING the show from now on in all respect for the others taking a stand! *Spread the word!
    In addition I will also be sending notice to Reed Exhibitors I will not longer be participating or attending any events conducted by them as well as for sure contacting my industry friends!;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I never heard of Reeds? No matter Cabalas is a great firm. After this Obama scare cools down many of these companies will be sorry they turned on us.
    Forget Hell!!!:mad:

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

How quickly people forget the lessons of Smith & Wesson.

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Congratulation to Cabalas. It's a shame that it takes a dollar to teach another patriotism.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

History is the easiest class to pass but it's the most difficult class to apply to everyday life.

6. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Elaborate for the youngsters?

7. ScottA

Back in the 90's, S&W was purchased by a British company. Then they struck a deal with the Clinton administration that they would equip their guns with special safety locks and other features. Since they were the lead dog in the industry, they also required that their vendors only sell firearms with similar safety features or they would lose their supply of S&W firearms.

Well, the industry responded in near unanimous action and Smith and Wesson lost nearly all their distribution channels. The company went bankrupt almost overnight and then was sold for pennies to an American group (the current owners) who quickly axed the agreements with the politicians and rebuilt the company to its former glory.

S&W's story is that no matter how big you are or how much clout you have in the firearms industry, if you crap on the 2A, this market will destroy you very quickly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  8. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Nice. I like to hear stories of foreign investors getting screwed

9. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Thats a cool story.

10. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

It's the outdoor show in Harrisburg PA. Last year ted nugent was there signing autographs. A lot of people are pissed and boycotting the show. It prolly has something to do with the dumb bitch Linda Thompson the mayor of Harrisburg she is making Harrisburg PA a ghetto it's pitiful.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I was working for one of their sister companies at the time. We were Denver based and had a collection western items. In our Lobby we had a pair of Bill Codys .38 Caliber Colts.
    TKS London had them removed. We were banned from having firearms in any company cars, trucks etc. I was caught in Nevada by a company man. He found some .357 Ctgs. in my car. I told him and TKS to go F themselves. They needed me more than I needed them. Nothing happened.
    TKS was close to the British Crown. The Brits had a major order for handguns. TKS bought S&W to sell arms to England. Once the contracts were filled TKS dumped S&W.
    The major income at S&W in those days was parts for Freight Liner transmissons any way.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

They used to be called toilet guns. The brits who owned em were into plumbing as well.

I still have a hard time thinking positive about s&w.

13. CoyotePGW308

CoyotePGW308 New Member

Cabelas is going to continue selling AR sporting riles long after the "assault rifle ban" because they are popular in Canada as well and they don't have to worry about AR bans in Canada.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And while we're at it, let's not forget our good friend

BILL RUGER

who openly supported the Klinton AWB in exchange foir his Mini14 being specificallyxempted.

15. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Tomkins owned 182 companies at the time. Most of the stock was in Food Products. They owned many well known Anerican Brands. The folks at S&W were and are fine people. They were just victims of a take over.
    Hell look at the number of gun owners who drive Fords. The Ford Foundation dumps millions into gun control. Their money regardless comes from the sale of PUs etc.:eek:

16. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Great!
    Will have to order something from Cabelas to show my support.

17. nfafan

nfafan New Member

More Cabelas! Less Dicks!

Any word on the NY gun mfgs and importers growing a pair and telling NY politicians that they are leaving?

Supposedly Remmy was to do that, meanwhile ATI is silent, and rumor has it that Kimber was behind the 7-rd mag limit.

Anyone know what's happening there?

18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

One of the biggest weapon supporters in the USA cancels all business with Reed Exhibitions.
    This is BIG! BIG!
    The National Shooting Sport Foundation the host if the National Shot Show and other major shows in the USA announced today they will be withholding and canceling all business from Reed Exhibition Company. This due to there stand on AR-15 and other type rifles not being allowed to be displayed in any show that they operate! This is a major OUCH for Reed! That is some major money that Reed will no longer be making in the USA! I hope they go broke or better yet loose most of their business in the USA! There were over 1600 vendors at the Shot Show this year who support the Show.
    God Bless the National Shooting Sport Foundation for a stand to protect our constitutional rights! Way to GO!:D

19. ScottA

I saw in the news today that the show in PA has been cacelled. Exhibitors pulled out en masse. Someone is losing a lot of money on this one.