Gobble Gobble

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by hunter Joe, Jan 29, 2010.

1. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I drew a spring tag for the 2010 Wisconsin turkey season, 2nd period, 4/21 to 4/25. Although, I'm really bragging, I'm also pretty excited. Time to dust off the Ulti-mag.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey Joe, be sure to wear orange! [​IMG]

3. R-BOLT

R-BOLT New Member

Congrats on your draw. There are a lot of cons living in rural Kansas, but one of the great perks in some KDWP units (mine incl.) there are a lot of over the counter Turkey permits for residents. I hope to draw my hunt out a little this year. Short of time last year and took a couple of Toms in my first half day hunt. Went by to quick and did not get to enjoy the time in the field much. That is the best part of the hunt. Good luck turkey hunters!!
    If you are a hunter and have never called a turkey in-it is a must do. I got so wound up last year trying to call a Tom in had a short spell of chest pain! :D
    Plus you get a big tasty bird to boot.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

My place is crawling with turkeys, but I don't have the hardware :(

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

All you need is some camo, a turkey call, a shotgun, and lots of patience. This is by far one of the most exciting hunts in North America.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm already excited for spring gobbler here and its a few months away. Last year my dad and I had one talking to us for about 45 minutes but never got a shot. Turkey is one of my favorite hunts.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I love turkey hunting. All of it. Even if I don't get a shot, it is still exciting and worth the effort. Can't wait for this spring....woohooo!

8. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I hope my spring turkey hunt goes better than my winter buck hunt did. :eek: