Glocks, grip angles

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Cshooter, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Cshooter

Cshooter New Member

Im in the market for a new pistol, and im considering a glock. I have held one a few times, but honestly im not sure about the grip angle. Sometimes its weird for me, sometimes not. Has anyone been unsure of the grip, but gotten used to it over time?

2. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I was unsure of the grip on my G17 but the have different back straps and I got some decal grips to put over it. And in all honesty after shooting it more and more I overcame it without the grips.

3. cmahan

cmahan New Member

I have a g21 sf, g27 and a g30, it took a minute to get use to them but now I carry my g21 sf to work with me day and night, there all great guns and very dependable

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I hated my oldladys 17 when she first got it, but now i shoot it all the time. Its accurate and really easy to shoot. I love my revolver but i would shoot the Glock with no problems. And the grip angle really isnt bad. Shoot a couple and see how you like it. You will defenitly get use to the grips.

5. dustinoif3

dustinoif3 New Member

Try this. Step 1 Hold your arm out and point with your index finger at an object. Step 2 while maintaining that angle of the wrist and hand open your fingers to allow a buddy to place the glock in your hand. Notice how the sights are aligned with what you were initially pointing at? The glock is a point and shoot pistol. That's why the grip angle is the way it is. Xd's are similar. May be a degree or so off.

6. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Everytime I held a Glock I used to say, "but it feels weird, like holding a 2x4". Then about 2 months ago a friend and I were out shooting some, he must have brought 7 or 8 pistols. He pulled out his G17 and asked if I wanted to try it. I said sure I've never shot a Glock but I'll try it. I pointed at the target and pulled the trigger 17 times and thought, I need one of these. I now have a 22 and a 27 and love them both.

7. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

I think they feel good. Its the others that don't :p

8. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Me personally, i never saw the big deal about the grip angle. Maybe cause my second pistol was a Glock but even before then, i didnt have a problem

9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I actually prefer the grip angle on a Glock over most other handguns. I love the way the bore axis sits so low in my hand.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Yup, It's all subjective to the shooter, some folks like 'em, some don't...That is all...:cool:

11. mcb

mcb New Member

I did not have any problem adjusting. See if you can rent one and practice.

12. j2sw

j2sw New Member

Took me a few to get used to it. Too me it feels very "blockish".

13. Cshooter

Cshooter New Member

Well I went to the range today and rented a Gen 3 G17. What I found was its not so much the angle, but the hump on the grip that throws me off. Also took some brass to the head. For this being my first time shooting any pistol other than my Sig .22, I think I made some decent groups. To me they look as good if not better than the groups with my Sig. Groups were at 7 yards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  14. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Some nice shooting !

15. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Shoot it a few hundred rounds and you will get used to the angle. To me, the problem is switching back and forth between Glocks and other "traditional' handguns. If you go Glock, go ALL Glock and it will not be an issue.

16. CaseyPhoenix

CaseyPhoenix New Member

I lost my ring finger on my right hand and have a rod through my pinky. The glock is the only gun that feels right after my accident. I personally think the grip angle is perfect. I had to sell my 1911 but I bought another glock and a case of ammo :)

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have no problem with the Glock or its grip angle but then I don't mind the grip angle on other pistols, even the Luger or Ruger Mark II. The brain, hand and eye adjust real quick.

18. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I too have this problem owning three glocks one of which I shoot competitions with then switch to a 1911 Kimber. Now that I shoot Glock's primarily I can't aim quickly with my 1911, but I love my 1911....I'm so confused, lol